Chapter 43: Graduation

Three more months passed before the seventh years of Hogwarts were ready to leave. On the last day, all of them were extremely impatient and jittery, anxious to leave the school and begin their new lives. Bryce seemed to be especially anxious, even more so than Ariana, which was a surprise. Normally, he was the calm one and she was the over excited one, but today seemed to be a day of opposites. The Gryffindors and Slytherins were getting along, in fact, the whole of seventh year seemed to be united.

"I can't take it anymore," Bryce moaned, letting his head fall backwards onto the head of the couch.

Ariana snickered and put her feet in his lap and stretching out on the couch they were sitting on. "Relax will you? This is our last day at Hogwarts. We should be enjoying it, not cursing the clock to move faster."

"Speaking of enjoying it," Jon spoke up, leaning forward in his chair slightly, "What have you and Sirius got planned for later?"

She smirked devilishly and shrugged, putting up the pretense of not knowing what he was talking about. "I don't know anything." Jon rolled his eyes at her just as the portrait hole burst open to reveal a breathless Lily, who jumped into the common room.

"Jeez Lily, after all this time I still take your breath away," Jon said jokingly as she settled into an armchair next him.

Lily shot him an annoyed glare before turning to Ariana. "Albus wants you. He said to go down to the Great Hall."

"Farewell peasants. I must be off to speak to those with greater worth than ye," Ariana proclaimed in a midieval souding voice. She exited the common room with a cackle, dodging a cushion Jon lobbed at her head.

"She's pyschotic," Jon exclaimed as the portrait hole slammed shut.

Bryce nodded in agreement and said, "Absolutely demented."

Ariana walked down through Hogwarts slowly, really looking around the castle for the first time. She still couldn't believe that in a few hours, she would no longer be considered a student. She felt quite saddened by the thought as she had only spent five years at Hogwarts. But, nevertheless, Ariana was determined to enjoy her last day at her first true home.

"I have arrived," she announced as she walked through the doors of the Great Hall. Noticing all of the prefects were there, Ariana then said, "Your lives just got better."

Albus rolled his eyes at her. "You have an enormous ego."

"Do not!" Ariana yelled in mock defense, shooting her brother a fake glare. "What's all the fuss about?"

"We need you to help us plan the party for later," Rose said busily, straigthening her Head Girl badge and looking at Ariana pointedly.

Ariana shrugged and kicked a chair back before plopping down into it, putting her feet up on the table. "Alright, why do the prefects and heads of Hogwarts need my help?"

Rose gritted her teeth and looking pleadingly at Albus who gave her a slight push forwards. She sighed and said, with obvious difficulty, "Because you are one of the smartest, most talented witches ever to come to Hogwarts and we need your expertise."

Ariana placed a hand over her heart and wiped fake tears from her eyes. "Aw, Rosie, I'm touched," she said, pretending to sniffle. "They told you to say that didn't they?" Ariana asked knowingly, flashing a smug grin at Albus and Talia when their eyes widened. "They obviously knew if you were the one to beg for my assitance, I would give in."

Rose glared at her. "I did not 'beg' for your help."

"You keep telling yourself that, Rosie," Ariana said comfortingly, patting her hand in a sympathetic sort of way. "Anyways, what's gonna be my job?"