Chapter 13: In Sickness and in Health

Ariana sat up slowly in bed and rubbed her temples groaning. Rose looked over at her and asked, "What's wrong?"

She shrugged in reply. "I have a horrible headache."

"Well, maybe you should go see Madame Pompfrey," Rose responded, watching her cousin worried.

Ariana winced as another bolt of pain shot through her head and she nodded tiredly, "Yeah, I think I will. But first, I'm getting dressed. Rose smiled slightly and told her she'd meet her later. Ariana nodded and pulled her robes out of her trunk and quickly got dressed, though it hurt her head to move around too much.

She stumbled down the stairs, every footstep making her head pound. Bryce and Jon were in the common room waiting for her. Jon looked up when he heard her coming. His eyes widened with shock when he saw her complexion. Ariana was extremely pale and her eyes were bloodshot. She was continually rubbing her head and wincing with every step. "Ari, what's the matter?"

"My head is killing me. Can one of you take me to the Hospital Wing?"

Bryce said, "I'll take you. Jon, you can go down to breafast." Jon nodded and glanced at Ariana worriedly as he left through the portrait hole. "Come on, Ari, let's go." She grimaced and stumbled after him into the hallway. She whimpered slightly when they passed by the Great Hall, the noise was making her head hurt more. Bryce looked at her sympathetically and continued to walk with her to the Hospital Wing. "Madame Pompfrey, can you help Ariana. She has a horrible headache."

"Oh, poor dear," she said kindly and bustled off to a cabinet in her office. "Here, drink this, it should make it go away."

Ariana for once listened and obediently drank the whole potion. She gagged slightly when she swallowed but otherwise made no comment. Some of the color was returning to her face and she smiled, "Thanks Madame Pompfrey."

"Anytime deary."

"Come on Ari, class starts in twenty minutes.

Ariana was quickly returning to her old self. She pouted when Bryce said that and complained, "But I haven't gotten breakfast."

Bryce rolled his eyes and allowed himself to be dragged to the Great Hall. Ariana quickly grabbed a huge plateful of food, and shoveled it into her mouth with her fork. Albus looked at his twin disgusted and said, "How is it possible that my twin, who is a girl, can eat way more than me?" She scowled at him but didn't reply, as her mouth was stuffed full.

Ariana swallowed and glared at her brother, "I like food ok, is that such a bad thing."

Jon smirked, "For a girl, yes."

She rolled her eyes at him and turned to Albus. "For your information twinnie, I'm still growing, so I need plenty of food."

Albus raised an eyebrow at her, "I'm still growing too, but you don't see me stuffing my face like that."

They continued bickering about who needed more food. "Well, I'm older, so there for I need more food," Ariana exclaimed. Bryce and Jon sniggered at the pair of them as they continued arguing.

-Charms Class-

Bryce, Jon, and Ariana all walked into Charms class just as the bell rang. "Nice of you to join us," Rose hissed at the trio, rolling her eyes.

Ariana pretended to look offended and said, "Why Rosie, it isn't my fault these two held me up."

Bryce looked at her outraged, "We did not. You were the one who had to prank those Hufflepuffs before class. You were the one who almost got us caught."

She smirked and said, "But we didn't get caught, so all is well."

He rolled his eyes at her and took his seat next to her. Professor Flitwick, who was still teaching here, though he was getting old, had chosen their seats for them. He had put Jon with Rose, Albus with Sirius, and Ariana with Bryce. They were all ok with the arrangement, at least they didn't get paired with some of those 'snotty nosed Ravenclaws' as Sirius put it.