Chapter 28: Another One Bites the Dust

"Julia, Ariana, let's go! We have thirty minutes to get to class and eat breakfast!" Rose shouted up the stairs getting extremely impatient.

"Yeah, yeah, don't get your knickers in a twist!" Ariana shouted back. Julia snickered and pulled on her shoes before following Ariana out the door and down the stairs.

"Finally, what took you so long?" Jon asked impatiently.

Julia smirked and replied, "It takes time to look this good, Baker."

"Who says you look good?" he shot back, not willing to admit he thought Julia did look pretty today.

"Well, I'm assuming you think so because you haven't been able to take your eyes off me," she proclaimed loudly, making Ariana and Bryce burst into laughter at Jon's red face.

"Come on, let's go get something to eat...I'm starving!" Ariana exclaimed and pulled Bryce out of the portrait hole, followed by Julia and Jon, who were currently arguing over the length of her skirt.

Ariana rolled her eyes and Bryce smiled as they looked over their shoulders at the pair walking behind them. "They are so getting together," Bryce whispered watching as their argument got louder.

Ariana nodded in agreement and asked, "So, do I get a piggyback ride or what?"

Bryce groaned, but allowed her to jump on his back. "You're heavy," he mumbled, walking down the hall.

Ariana wacked the back of his head grinning and said, "Don't complain, or I'll get Malfoy to carry me instead."

The four Gryffindors headed into the Great Hall and sat down at their usual spot at the table when Rose walked up to them. "Have you guys seen Roxie? She wasn't in her bed this morning and when we came down, she wasn't here either."

Julia and Ariana exchanged confused glances before shaking their heads. "I didn't see her. Maybe she went to the library or something," Ariana said.

"Yeah, more like went off with Sirius to a secluded broom cupboard on the fifth floor," Julia snorted, before laughing at her own comment.

"What? Since when was Roxie dating my cousin?" Ariana asked. She hadn't heard anything about this.

"Oh, they're not dating. They're, as Roxie puts it, friends with benefits," Julia said still laughing.

Rose shook her head disaprovingly as Jon joined in with Julia's laughter. Just then, Sirius and Albus walked through the doors, both looking very grumpy and tired. "What's wrong with you two?" Ariana asked, eyeing the bags beneath her cousin's eyes.

"Nothing, just didn't get to sleep until late last night."

"He and Roxie got into a huge fight," Albus whispered into his twin's ear, who shot Sirius a sympathetic glance.

"Over what?"

"I'm not exactly sure, but I think it involved Sirius' little fling with Lucy Carson last week. Apparently, Roxie didn't know about it and things just kinda went downhill from there."

Sirius was practically falling asleep in his pancakes, his hair dangling right above the ocean of syrup he had poured on his food. "Hey, Siri, wake up, we've got to get to class," Rose said, shaking his shoulder.

Suddenly, the door burst open, followed by Rose's mom, who looked like she was in hysterics. "Professor McGonagall, I need to speak with you immediately," she called, practically running down the length of the room to the staff table.

The two teachers held a very hurried and whispered conversation. When they finished, both looked extremely stressed and worried. "Miss Potter, Miss Weasely, and Miss Walters, could I have a word with you," Professor McGonagall called from the front of the room.