Chapter 1: Moving Again

Hey people. So I know this is another Harry Potter Fan Fic, but I've been dieing to write something like this for a while. I do not own any thing from Harry Potter, all that belongs to J.K. Rowling. However, all my own characters are mine and mine only. So enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alone. The one word that described her whole life. She had moved from place to place in England, never knowing who her family was or whether she would ever have a family. And now, she was forced to move again to yet another orphanage in London.

Her name was Molly, or so she was told. The first orphanage she had stayed at had called her that, so she was Molly. Molly sat there on the edge of her cot waiting for the harsh voice from downstairs to tell her it was time to leave. She sighed, wondering why she had no family, if she had done something wrong. She strained her memory desperately, hoping for a face, a name, something that would give her a clue as to who she was. And as always, nothing happy came to her, only an evil voice and the memory of stinging pain in her forehead.

“Molly, it’s time to leave, get down here now!” Molly sighed again, and grabbed the handle of her trunk and began to drag it downstairs. She walked through the dank hallways, the floorboards groaning under her feet. She passed several worn down doors that had curious eyes peering out as they watched the dark-haired girl leave. They were grateful. She was an odd child, with jet black hair and smoky blue eyes that seemed to pierce the deepest trenches of a person’s soul. Strange things always happened around her. Odd incidents no one could explain. Once she had made a kid blow up to the size of a small elephant when he was threatening her. The other kids stayed away from her, making her more alone than she already was.

Molly sat in the car that would take her to where ever she was headed to next. The cab stopped outside the building and she climbed out quietly, struggling slightly to get the huge trunk out of the back of the taxi. She stood at the bottom of the stairs eyeing the new place she was to stay at. It was a tall, forbidding place with arched windows that had old, tattered curtains pulled over them. She walked slowly up the steps nervous, yet hopeful. Maybe someone would finally foster her, or maybe even adopt her as their own. Although, that was doubtful, she was getting too old for people to want to foster her. She would be turning twelve on October 31st, Halloween.

The young girl shyly opened the door and walked apprehensively over to the front desk where a withered, old woman sat. the woman had stringy gray hair pulled back into a tight bun, wrinkles that creased her face could have been signs of happiness, but that was not the case. They seemed to carve into her complexion, making her look even crueler than she already did with her small, beady eyes and hooked nose. Molly shivered slightly when she looked into the woman’s eyes. “Hello there, I am Madame Pulido. You will address me as such. I assume you are the new child,” Madame Pulido spoke with a voice that grated and screeched like nails on a chalkboard, her rotten yellowing teeth showing as she pronounced every syllable.

“Yes, Madame, I am Molly.”

“Molly who?”

“I...I don’t exactly know Madame, I was always called Molly, “Molly said in a shaking voice. The woman looked at her with disgust and turned away calling down the hall for a young girl who assisted at the orphanage.

“Judith, show Miss…Molly to her room, she is the new child. You know what to do, “Madame Pulido spoke to the older girl distastefully. Judith was a shy child. She had short blonde hair, and rather dull gray eyes that were made even more so by her sallow complexion.

“Yes Madame,” She spoke in a sad, almost distant voice. Molly followed Judith down the hall to her room where she dropped her trunk in a corner and threw herself on the bed. She sighed wondering if her life would ever get any better. Little did she know, that her whole life was about to change.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whatja think? Please comment or like, I'm extremely excited for this story. Hopefully it will take off and be a big hit. But who knows.