Tasting The Rainbow {28}

A.N.- There's a 99% chance there will NOT be a sequel, unless someone reallyyy convinces me. This was going to be the final chapter, but I changed my mind. So, with more chapters to come, enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Hi Adam!” I said with a small smile the next day at school. He glanced at me. “Hi Zelly,” he said flatly. I moved and hugged him. He hugged me back, but not as tightly as usual. I thought about kissing him, but quickly wiped the thought from my mind. He just didn’t okay. He was trying to hide something from me, I could see it quite clearly in his eyes. They were disturbed, and they weren’t meeting mine. He was definitely keeping something from me, and it was starting to terrify me.

                Clapper wasn’t kidding with what he had said yesterday. He would really kick Adam’s ass if he broke up with me. Clapper sure as hell didn’t act it, but he was viciously protective of me, and I was viciously protective of him.

                “Adam, is everything okay?” I asked quietly and he glanced at me and nodded. “Yea. Everything’s fine,” he said coldly. But his eyes gave it all away. Everything sure as hell was not okay. There was something deeply disturbing Adam.

                “I know you’re lying,” I said quietly. He suddenly got a furious expression. “Oh fuck off you stupid chink!” he snapped before storming away from me. I stared after him in shock as he walked away from me.

                “HEY!”

                Adam stopped walking and turned slowly to face Clapper. Clapper was glaring furiously. “You stupid fucker!” Clapper snapped. Kids had gone silent and were watching anxiously. Adam narrowed his eyes at Clapper.

                “You stupid STD infected piece of shit. Don’t talk to me,” he growled coldly. Clapper gave him the dirtiest look I had ever seen him give. “You know what? I don’t give a fuck! Everyone already knows about that! Now stop being an ass to Zelly! He didn’t do anything bad to you, you stuck up fucker!” he cried angrily.

                He moved towards Adam. “I’M GOING TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF YOU, YOU SORRY FUCK!” he cried and clenched his fists.

                “MARCO JONES! MY OFFICE NOW!” our principal boomed, moving towards Clapper and Adam quickly, before a fight could break out. Clapper glared from the principal to Adam. “You’re so fucking lucky. Keep being an ass to my best friend. See what happens,” he snarled before walking over to the principal and following him to the office.

                “Adam,” I said quietly. He glared at me before turning and leaving. I took a deep breath before heading to class. When class with Adam rolled around, he didn’t show up.

                I sighed deeply. The class ended and I saw Clapper in the hallway. I went over to him and gave him a concerned look. “Well?” I asked nervously.

                He sighed in annoyance. “Three days of out of school suspension and a week of detention when I get back. My suspension starts tomorrow. My mom and dad are going to kill me.”

                I stared at my feet guiltily. “I’m sorry Marco,” I whispered. “Why are you sorry? He was the one being an asshole. I chose to threaten him. This school and the fucking zero tolerance policy. It was my choice, and I will happily pay the consequences for that choice. It’s just some out of school suspension and a grounding. It’s not a big deal, Zelly. The clap was a hell of a lot worse.”

                I still felt guilty, though. Clapper could probably see it in my eyes. He slapped me and I looked up at him in shock. “What the hell?” I asked in confusion.

                “I told you not to call me Marco. It sounds too weird coming from you. Either call me Clapper, or don’t call me anything at all Zelly. It would be like if I started calling you Barry. Bitch, I haven’t called you Barry since we were, like, 5. You haven’t called me Marco since we were, like, 10. It was Marco Polo, then it was Clapper. You can’t just go back to Marco now.”

                I cracked a small smile. “You dirty son a bitch,” I said, shaking my head. He knew just how to make me feel better. He grinned at me. “Now I get to go home to have the shit kicked right out of me by my parents. Text my old iPod’s number. I have that hidden in my room. I’ll let you know how bad my bones are broken, okay?”

                I fought the guilt and nodded. He grinned wider. “Zelly, I’m serious. Don’t feel bad. It’s not your fault I wanted to fight that bitch.” I sighed and shook my head. “Just…tell your parents you were defending me. Please. They can call me, if they want. I don’t want them to get too mad at you.”

                He shrugged and we began to walk together to the last period of the day. “I don’t really c-” He broke off and suddenly shoved me. “Don’t really care,” he finished nervously. “What?” I asked.

                “I gotta piss. Come with me,” he said and started pulling me towards the boys’ room. “Clapper! My class is over the-” Now I broke off.

                I stared wide eyed at what I saw. “Shit,” I faintly heard Clapper whisper. But I didn’t care. I couldn’t stop staring as I saw Adam Ace kissing Skye.