Tasting The Rainbow {4}

“Zelly! Zelly! Zelly!” Clapper came over to me in the morning and I raised my eyebrow at him. “Too early in the morning for your chinking,” I mocked. He pulled his eyes so that they were slanted. “Marco weawwy happy!”

                “God you are so racist!” I cried and he laughed. “God’s racist? What the fuck big man?!” he shouted at the roof of the school and I face palmed myself.

                “Anyways, let’s go Chinky, er, Zelly.” I flipped him off but followed him anyways. He led me over to a very pretty girl and she smiled at me. “Who’s your friend Marco?” she asked cheerfully.

                “Addison, this is Zelly. He’s your brother’s partner in marine bio.” She frowned. “Oh. I feel bad for you!” I laughed a little. “As long as he doesn’t try to copy off me, I’m fine.” She shook her head. “Oh no! Adam doesn’t copy off people. But he doesn’t do his own work either. He just kind of sits there.” She smiled. “He’s alright, though. I’m Addison Ace!” She held out her hand.

I took it in my own and smiled. “Barry Zellerman. Just call me Zelly.” She released my hand, the bright smile on her face adding to her beauty. Clapper was right. I couldn’t decide if she was hot, or cute. She seemed too girlish to be hot…but too grown up to be cute. Did that make sense? Aw, like I cared. I was gay.

“Yea, so this is the chink. He thinks I’m racist,” Clapper said, leaning on me. “Marco! You’re so mean!” Addison said with a frown.

                “Hard to believe this animated little beauty is Adam’s sister, right? He’s all…’Rawr I’m Adam Ace fear me and my cool eyes!’ and she’s all ‘Butterflies and rainbows are pretty!’”

                We stared at Clapper like he was crazy and I shook my head. “Chink no understand? Shoulda Ia speaka Chinese?” Clap asked. I clapped my hands together and he pouted. “Shut up!” he whined and I laughed and shrugged him off of me.

                Addison giggled. “I heard about that, Marco!” He pouted more. “Well by now, who hasn’t heard about Marco getting gonor-” Clapper held up his hand. “DON’T! Don’t call it that Zelly! I’m warning you, chink! You know I hate it when you call it that. God it sounds like I was painfully discharging Africa.” He made a face and shook his head. “Ugh.”

                “…Gonorrhea,” I said with a smirk. He winced and slapped his hands over his ears. “NOPE. NOPE, DON’T HEAR YOU.” Addison and I laughed and she high fived me.

                “What did your parents do when they found out you had the clap at 14?” Addison asked, brushing her bangs out of her face. Clapper made a face. “Let’s just say…Hell was unleashed. ‘MARCO, VIRGINITY IS SACRED! THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I’M GONNA KILL YOU!’” he said in a cheap imitation of his mom’s voice.

                “He was grounded for a year,” I said, laughing again. “Aw, poor man whore Marco,” Addison said and hugged him. “Ew. Girl germs. Now I understand why you went gay, Zelly,” he said and shoved Addison off of him. She rolled her eyes and smiled.

                “And it’s not man whore if I just fucked one bitch!” he pointed out angrily. “And the only reason we broke up is because my parents threatened to shoot her, and her parents threatened to shoot me. Bad shit, man. Baaaaaaaad shit.”

                Addison shook her head and grabbed my hand. “Come on! You and I are going to go yell at my brother.” She dragged me with her and I looked at her in amusement. “Why are we going to yell at Adam?” I asked curiously.

                She sighed. “Want to know why he didn’t do his homework last night?” “Why?” I asked curiously. “Because his dog was laying on his backpack. And he claimed he didn’t want to ‘disturb’ the dog while it was sleeping.” She shook her head and sighed. “Oh Adam. Lazy ass!”

                She pulled me over to Adam and he glanced at her. “What, Addi?” he asked, his voice flat. So she was the one that had been texting him yesterday. But she wasn’t the girl in the picture on his phone. I wondered if that was his girlfriend…

                “I have your lab partner here, Adam. And I told him why you didn’t do your homework.” He shrugged. Addison frowned. “Do it in lunch, Adam!” “Why?”

                Addison sighed. “Because you want to pass! Now, I’m going to sick Zelly on your case during class, and I’m staying on your case outside of class until you start doing your work. Got it mister?”

                A bit of amusement entered his blue eyes. “Okay then mom,” he said sarcastically. “I’ll get her on your case too!” Addison threatened and he rolled his eyes. “Good luck with that one. I’m going to meet Kobi.” He started to walk away and Addison grabbed his arm. “I don’t get a hug? Ya jerk!”

                He sighed and held his arms out. She instantly went to them and he hugged her tightly. He looked…warm. Comfortable. Strong, but in a gentle way.

                Adam released his sister and turned away. “And remember! Zelly’s keeping an eye on you in class Adam Ace!” Addison called. Adam pleasantly stuck his middle finger in the air, and I found myself laughing at the sight.