Tasting The Rainbow {6}

***Adam’s POV***

                My bedroom door opened and I mentally sighed before turning to face my little sister. “What do you want?” I demanded. She raised an eyebrow. “Someone’s in a bad mood!” she said cheerfully. “What do you want?”  I repeated and she came in and sat on my bed.

                “I just got home from hanging out with Zelly. He’s really nice!” “And I care because…?” Why did she think this conversation would interest me? He was just some kid I sat next to in class. I didn’t give two shits about him.

                “I don’t know. I figured you could be friends with him too,” she said with a bright smile. I rolled my eyes. “I don’t need friends. I have Kobi and Potent.” Addi rolled her eyes at me. “Adam! Your dog doesn’t count as a friend,” she said and glanced at Potent. He was sleeping comfortably on my backpack again.

                “Whatever. I have Kobi. And Skye.” I smiled a little. Addison sighed. “Adam, Kobi and Skye are just two people. You need to have more friends!” “Why? What’s wrong with Kobi and Skye?” Addison shook her head. “Nothing! Well, I think Kobi’s secretly a drug addict…but other than that, nothing! I like them. But I don’t think being friends with Zelly would hurt you.”

                I shrugged. “Oh well. I don’t give a shit about him, Addi. He’s just some kid I don’t know. Go make me dinner.” She stuck her tongue out at me. “Make your own dinner! You know where the kitchen is!”

                She jumped up and came over to me. “JJ Demon obsession much?” she asked as she glanced over my shoulder at my laptop. I sighed in annoyance. “Go away Addison.”

                She pinched my cheek and grinned. “Someone’s a grumpy pants!” Anyone else, I would’ve beat the living shit out of them for doing that to me. But for my sister, I just sighed in annoyance. “Will you get out of my room Addison? You’re annoying me.”

                “I never annoy you Adam. Admit it,” she said and folded her arms over my head. I shook her off of me and shook my head. “Go away.” “You can’t even deny it!” she said smugly and left my bedroom.

                “Do your homework!” she called as she left. Maybe I should do my homework. I glanced at my backpack where Potent was softly snoring. Well…he looked so comfortable. I didn’t want to wake him up. Maybe I’d do it later. I was hungry, anyways.

                I left my bedroom and went into the kitchen where Addison was getting a drink. “Adam, Marco Jones just texted me,” she said with a smile. “And I’m supposed to know who that is?” I asked, uninterested.

                “He’s Zelly’s best friend.” “That kid that thinks he’s the shit?” I asked and she rolled her eyes and nodded. “Yea, him. He asked me to hang out with him and Zelly again tomorrow. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if you came too.”

                I shook my head and opened the fridge in search of food. “Not interested.” Addison frowned. “Aw Adam! Why not?” “Because. I have better ways to waste my time.”

                She came over and wrapped her arms around me. “Please Adam? Pretty please?” “Nope,” I said and pulled out the cartoon of eggs. “I’ll make you dinner! You’ve been living off eggs for, like, a billion years,” she said and giggled.

                I shook my head again. “I like eggs. So, no. I don’t want to hang out with two guys I don’t even know and my little sister. I’d rather hang out with Kobi and Skye.”

                “Well, fine. But you’re going to hang out with us if you didn’t do your homework. Deal?” I smirked a little. “I don’t make deals like that with my little sister. You know I don’t do my homework. I’m not hanging out with you guys, so stop asking me.”

                She sighed as I started to make myself scrambled eggs. “We were talking about how mom would go Hitler on you if you got an STD,” she said and I rolled my eyes. “Of course you were talking about that,” I grumbled. “Well, she would!” Addison said and giggled again.

                “I doubt it. She wouldn’t go Hitler on me. Maybe on you, but not me,” I said and smirked again. Addison pouted. “But I’m mommy’s little girl!” she whined. “I’ve got you beat. I’m mommy’s little boy. It’s a fact that a mom will love her only son more than her only daughter.” “How is that a fact?!” “Because I said so.”

                “Mom loves me more,” Addi said and stuck her tongue out at me. “Prove it,” I said with a shrug and she pouted again. “Whatever Adam! You suck!” I held my arms out to her and she shook her head. “Nu-uh! I’m not hugging you. You’re an asshole.”

                I went over and hugged her tightly. “Aw, shut up bitch. You love me,” I said simply and went back to making my food. “I’d love you if you hung out with us tomorrow,” she said with puppy dog eyes.

                “Addi, I’m not hanging out with that stuck up kid and some chink,” I said, irritated again. She frowned. “Adam, don’t be racist! He’s really nice and funny. And you’re hanging out with us, whether you like it or not!” The determined look on her face told me that I might as well cancel any plans I had made for afterschool tomorrow. Damn sisters…