Tasting The Rainbow {25}

A.N.- This NOT the last chapter. Jussss sayin' ;DD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Addison moved to her farther and hugged him tightly as she began to cry. “Shit. This is my fault. I’m so sorry Addison,” he said quietly and hugged her back just as tightly.

                My head dropped in defeat and Clapper put a hand on my shoulder. “We’ll find him, Zelly,” he said quietly. “Little blue eyed fucker can’t hide forever. You’re Asian. You’ll find him.”

                But I just couldn’t find it in me to smile at that, not even a little. “Let’s go home, Clap,” I said silently. He went over to Addison, hugging her and kissing her, before coming back over to me. We left Addison and Mr. Ace alone to figure out what to do next about Adam.

                I waved bye to Clapper and went to my house. I went inside and my mom glanced at me in concern. “Did they find him?” she asked me. I shook my head. “No,” I mumbled. “They have no clue where he is.”

                She came over and hugged me tightly. “I sure he’ll show up, Barry,” she said gently before releasing me. I gave a small nod before going up to my bedroom. I laid on my bed and grabbed my iPod. I plugged it into my speakers and played The Rain by JJ Demon.

                There was a light knock on my door and then my dad appeared. He sat next to me and sighed. “You okay, Barry? Do you want to talk?” I shook my head. “No,” I whispered. “Sorry dad.” He sighed again and gave me a small smile. “Your and mom and I are right downstairs if you change your mind. We love you Barry.”

                He got up and left my room and I turned over, squeezing my eyes shut and wishing I could just fall asleep. I finally did slip into a light sleep, but woke up when the song on my iPod changed to Play God, and woke me up freaked out as fuck.

                “Shit,” I grumbled and turned the volume down. I laid back on my bed and realized that I had been out a hell of a lot longer than I thought. It was already morning. I crawled out of bed after realizing it was almost 10 o’clock.

                My phone buzzed and I answered it automatically. “Hello?” I asked anxiously. “Zelly. Come to the Aces’ house,” Clapper said. “Why? Clap, what’s up?” “Just get here,” he said silently before hanging up.

                Terror shot through me. Oh my god. What if Adam had killed himself? Would he do that? Would he really do that? Bullet by Hollywood Undead flashed through my head and I shook it violently before throwing my shoes on. “I’ll be at the Aces’,” I called before hurrying out the door.

                I made my way to the Aces’ house quickly and knocked on the door. Clapper opened the door and bit his lip. “Come on, Zelly,” he said and led me inside. We went into the living room and relief swept through me.

                “Adam,” I whispered. His hair was messy and he was dirty, but he was there. He didn’t look up as I said his name. There was a police officer sitting and talking with Mrs. Ace. Addison was sitting next to Adam, hugging him. He was ignoring her though.

                Adam finally looked up at me. The look in his eyes told me that he wanted to be anywhere but here right now. He shrugged Addison off himself and came over to me. I bit my lip. “Can I hug you?” I asked nervously and he snorted. “Duh. Why do you think I came over here?” He held his arms out and I went into them. He held me tightly.

                “I’m not staying here,” he said in my ear silently. “Where were you?” I asked. “I slept out in a shed the first night, and stayed at Skye’s last night. I was going to Kobi’s to hide out in his basement when the police officer saw me. He’s my mom’s friend and he was searching for me. Just my mother fucking luck,” he said with an annoyed sigh. “I didn’t want to come back. I wasn’t planning to. I was just trying to think of a place to go. I guess I couldn’t think of one fast enough. But this isn’t over. I refuse to stay here.”

                “Please don’t do that again, Adam. I was so scared,” I whispered, hugging him again. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine lovingly. “I can’t stand it here, Zelly. I just can’t,” he said coldly. “I won’t stay here.”

                “Adam…stay at my house tonight,” I said and he looked at me curiously. “Really?” I nodded, positive of myself. “Yes. Stay at my house as long as you need to. My parents won’t care.” He sighed and kissed me again. “Thank you,” he mumbled.

                He grabbed my hand and led me towards the stairs. “Adam! Where do you think you’re going?” Mr. Ace demanded. I hadn’t even noticed him. He had been standing by himself in the corner. “Upstairs,” Adam growled.

                “No! You’re staying in our sight!” his dad snapped. “I’m staying at Zelly’s. Fuck you,” Adam snarled before dragging me up the stairs before his father could reply.

                “They’re in the same house, and they won’t even look at each other. They won’t talk to each other. Addison had to call my dad, because my mom refused to. God dammit. I hate it!” he said angrily as he grabbed a bag that was already filled with clothes. He slung it over his shoulder and glanced at me. “You’re positive?” I nodded. “100 percent,” I said affirmatively and he kissed me again.

                He knelt down and picked his dog up. “I’ll be back for you Potent. Eventually,” he mumbled before kissing the dog’s head and setting him back down. The dog whined, but Adam took a deep breath and ignored him.

                We went downstairs and Addison jumped up off the couch. “Adam, please don’t leave!” she begged, her eyes pleading. Adam narrowed his eyes as the room went eerily silent. “Fuck this place. And fuck you guys. You have words. Use them. You want a son? Fix your problems. Until then, all you have is Addison,” he growled before leading me out of the house.

                We walked a little ways before Adam stopped. He slumped down against a tree and I sat next to him. His eyes were hard, but I could see the fear behind them. I grabbed his hand and kissed him. “I don’t know what happens now, Zelly,” he said silently. “Me either Adam. But I’m ready for it,” I whispered sincerely. He gave me a slight smile, and I knew we were going to be okay. Everything would work itself out.