Chapter Twenty Five...

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

*ALEXIS'S POV*

I woke up at Nine on Sunday morning, immediately I asked to see Lorenzo, but was told that I couldn't see him until Ten, after we had both had something to eat.

So I sat in bed, had my dressings changed, and waited.

My thoughts drifted to Asher and all that he had told me, I didn't know what to believe, I couldn't trust anyone but myself.

It had gone too far, too many people had gotten hurt, so i decided to take actions into my own hands.
First of all, I would get out of the hospital, then I would get my hands on a gun.
For that I'd need Lorenzo's help.

.

Finally, I was permitted to see him, because we we're both in bad shape, I was stuck in a wheel chair, and he was bed ridden.

A nurse pushed me into his room, before leaving us in private.

"Alexis! I am so sorry! you don't know how sorry I am, god I fucked up! What happened? How did you get back?" Lorenzo wouldn't shut up, questions kept coming and coming.

"Look it's okay, nobody could have predicted that they would crash into us." I interrupted him.
"They we're supposed to kill you. I heard them talking, Asher killed they guy that made the mistake," I told him.
"You could have died!" I cried, realising how close I was to losing another person I cared about. "I don't know what I would have done if I lost you,"

"Well the dumb cunts didn't kill me, so now they have to watch themselves, because I'm not letting them get away with what they've done." He told me, sitting up straighter, before groaning in pain, "Once I heal a bit."

"Hey Alexis, how did you get away? I heard you ended up at a gas station. Did he let you go?" He asked, cautiously.

I sighed before speaking, "He untied me, Asher was going to check my injuries, apparently I wasn't supposed to get hurt, they were just supposed to stop the car. He was furious. He left the room to go get someone and I jumped out of the window and ran like hell." I told him, "He told me some things, about Dom, and I don't know what to believe."

"What did he tell you?" He asked, curious.
"He told me that Dom was the bad guy, I don't know, a lot of what he said actually made sense." I confessed, "Who am I supposed to trust? I've known you the longest and I don't even know if I can trust you. No offense."

"Don't trust anyone then, trust yourself, you're the only person that can't betray you. But in saying that, you don't have to trust me, but you can confide in me you know." He told me, "And I know you want to ask for something, but I'll let you get to it yourself."

I cut straight to the point, "I need a gun, I don't care what you have to say, you know I know how to use one, and it's come to the point that I'm the only one who can protect my family."
"Alexis, I don't know if that's a good idea..." He sighed, "What if"- I cut him off, "Prove to me that I can trust you, I know you have guns, and I know that you can get me one in secret, prove it Lorenzo, who's side are you on?"

"Mine? Or the others?"

With that I called for the nurse, "let me know when you've made your decision. But just know, I'll get one with or without your help."

.

It was a week later that I was discharged, they were waiting for my swelling to go down in my arm so they could put a normal cast on it. Also I think Dom had something to do with how long I was in there. But I wasn't prepared to ask.

"How are you feeling?" Holly asked, as helped me to the car on Friday afternoon. She had taken my advice and sent Jake to Aunt Graces, I was worried at what the school would think, but I'd rather him alive and in trouble, than dead and at school.

"I'm sore, but I'm glad to be out." I told her honestly.
"Domenico's guys are still hanging around the house; I don't know how to get them to leave." She confessed, as she climbed into the driver's seat.
"I figured that would be the case, I'm starting to think we need to relocate, for a bit, until all of this blows over. Perhaps a hotel? We could pamper ourselves." I suggested.

"I wouldn't mind, I'll just have to take my hospital bag, just in cast this little guy decides to make an appearance." She laughed, rubbing her belly.

"Then it's settled, we just have to figure out how to leave without them knowing where we're going."