Chapter Eighteen...

Chapter Eighteen

*Alexis's POV*

So here I was, sitting in front of my vanity at 6:03pm, on the night of Esta's dinner party.

I had just finished doing my hair and makeup and I found myself fiddling with the cell phone I had found, I'd tried to find out who it belonged to throughout the week, to no avail. I called every contact in the phone, but nobody answered.
I placed the phone beside my own, before standing and walking over to the dress I'd planned to wear.

It was a sleek black strapless dress, with a sweetheart neckline; the skirt would reach the floor, even with my heels.

I'd chosen to plait my hair in a loose side braid, leaving some curls out to frame my face. I slipped the dress on, before getting Holly to do the back up for me, as the zipper was just out of my reach.

"You look hot!" She yelled, when I turned to face her. "I wish I was invited!"
"There was a plus one on the invitation remember, you declined the it," I reminded her, "And it was probably a good thing too, cause you look like you're about to burst!" I laughed, rubbing her swollen stomach.

"Are you calling me fat?" She shouted, mockingly outraged. "Cause you'd be right! I'd look like a damn sow in a dress!" She laughed, "Maybe we should nickname your jellybean 'piglet' instead." I suggested.
We both burst out laughing, before being interrupted by the door bell.

"I'll get the door for you," Holly offered, "I wanna see this fine piece of arse you told me about." She winked, before waddling out of the room and making her way downstairs.

I quickly grabbed my clutch and phone, before rushing downstairs to meet Asher.

"Why hello there sexy, how you doin?" Holly greeted Asher, using Joey Tribiani's famous pickup line, as she swung the door open.

"Uhh-"

"Ignore Holly, her hormones are raging." I told him, before inviting him inside.

"Yeah, these raging hormones want a piece if dat ass!" She flirted shamelessly.

"Shush Holly, go and check on Jake for me please." I ordered her, getting slightly embarrassed.

"When are you due Holly?" Asher asked her curiously, gesturing to her stomach.
"Due?" She repeated, "due with what?" She asked, feigning confusion.

"Um never mind," He quickly replied, trying to back track.
"No tell me!" She ordered.
"I just figured, that because of your stomach, you were expecting?" He replied, ending his sentence as if it were a question and not a statement.
"Are you implying that I'm fat?" She asked, her voice wobbling as if she were about to cry.
"Oh dear, no love, I nearly thought that- ahh fuck!" He looked at me desperately, asking for help with his eyes.

"I'm just fucking with you, I'm due in about three weeks," she told him, before leaving to find Jake.

Her laughter drifted back to us from the kitchen.

"Well, she seems nice." He laughed nervously.
"She's certainly one of a kind."

"You look beautiful by the way love." He told me, as he tucked a curl behind my ear. I blushed, "You look quite handsome," I complimented him.

And he did, his ashy hair was styled neatly, he wore a crisp black suit and dark dress shoes that were polished to perfection.

He called yesterday morning, and asked what colour my dress was, to ensure that his tie matched. I thought that was extremely cute to be honest.