Chapter Two...

CHAPTER TWO

Monday came around much quicker than I'd expected.
Lain was still slightly shaken up from the weekend, I had to apologize six times, just to get her to stop giving me the silent treatment.
"I still hate you," she told me as we walked to homeroom.
"I love you too..." I replied as I walked through the doorway.
When Mrs. Cooper saw Lain walk in behind me, she chuckled to herself, before continuing to write on the whiteboard.
"What a good mother she is, laughing at her daughter's misfortune..." Lain muttered as she sat down beside me.

Danny sat opposite me at lunch later that day, I ate my burger and fries in the cafeteria, he subtly reached his hand closer and closer, before finally stealing half of my chips, he shoved them in his mouth before I could get them back.
"Oh sure, you can have my lunch, it doesn't matter if I starve, because god forbid Danny gets hungry." I said sarcastically.
"Oh thanks, I'm glad you understand my needs." He smiled, while taking my whole tray of food.
"Oh, I understand your needs alright... special needs." I muttered.
"That's right." He said, taking a bite of his (My) Burger.

Oh Danny, you stupid, stupid boy...
I sighed...
Just then Lain came running into the Lunch room, slamming the double doors open in the process...

"He's back!" She yelled, "He's fucking back!"

"Who's back?" I asked casually, deciding to ignore her dramatic tendencies, as I attempted to take my food back from Danny.

"Oh just the one and only-"  just then, the bell interrupted her sentence.

"Oh shit I gotta get to class, I'll tell you later..." Lain called, before she turned and ran back the way she had come. I couldn't say I wasn't curious as to what she was going to say, but there wasn't much I could do about it.

Throughout the rest of the day, people were gossiping about how some guy was back, and although I asked around, no one would tell me who it was, "Steer clear of him, he's bad news," everyone kept saying.

Well that's bloody helpful...

Searching my pockets for the keys to the house, I walked up to the front door, before pushing the key into the hole and turning it, attempting to push the door open, I then realised that I had just locked the door.

Shit...

After unlocking the door, I closed it behind me, before I dragged myself upstairs to my bedroom. Collapsing on my bed face down, I just lay there, it took about five minutes to actually convince myself to get up and have a shower and put on some pyjamas.

I pulled the covers on my bed back, climbed in bed and fell asleep a few minutes later.

.

.

.

Waking up the next day I realised I'd forgotten to close the bloody curtains.

'The sun is way too bright' I mumbled to myself as I attempted to get into a standing position.

'Attempted' being the key word...

Lying on the ground I thought about how hectic life had been since I moved to the new place.

I mean I'd gained some awesome friends, but I'd also acquired an annoying enemy who hated me for no apparent reason.

"Hey Alexis, your mum let us in- What are you doing lying on the floor?" Lain looked at me curiously while Dan just smirked at the predicament I was in.

*Me tangled in the sheets that were pulled off my bed when I fell*

"Well as you can see I was just testing that we still had gravity on earth, So I'm informing you now that we do..." I told them with a serious face.

They both looked at me blankly for about thirty seconds...

"So anyway, want to come to the mall with us?" Danny decided to break the awkward silence that was settling over us from my last comment.

"Yeah sure just let me have a shower and get changed," I said as I pushed myself up off the floor and walked to my bathroom where I closed and locked the door and slid into the shower after turning it on to hot.

I stepped out of the shower, where I dried myself off and walked into my room with the towel wrapped securely around me.

I grabbed a set of bra and panties, A tank top, some ripped blue skinny jeans, and a black leather jacket, walked back into the bathroom, changed into the clothes I picked out, brushed my hair, and put a little eye liner on.

Slipping some shoes on as I walked down the stairs, I found Lain and Danny in the living room sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Ready to go?"

"Yep,"

I locked the door behind us as we walked down the front steps to Danny's car.

Lain sat in the passengers seat and I was forced to sit in the back.

"So, why weren't you at school today...?"

Oh My God!

Remind me to never go shopping with Lain ever again.

The whole time Danny and I followed her into almost every clothes store in the mall, before we waited for her to try on the clothes that she liked, only for her to then force us to carry the bags of clothes that she decided to buy.

"Bugger this I'm going to get some food!" I finally decided, stalking off towards the McDonald's opposite the shop we were standing outside of.

Danny followed me, while Lain continued looking for more clothes that she will never need.

"I'm gonna get the food, What do you want me to get you?" Dan questioned as I chose a table to sit at.

"Surprise me," I answered mysteriously.

Truthfully I just couldn't be bothered thinking of anything.

I glanced around the room looking at all the happy couples and family's.

When my eyes fell on a group of guys all dressed in dark clothing.

There were four of them sitting around a small table suited for two.

They all had dark hair except one, who had blonde hair which looked white from where I sat.

They were all extremely good looking.

Dan placed a burger, fries, and a drink, in front of me, then sat opposite, his back facing the attractive guys across the room.

"Here we are Madame..."

"Thank you kind sir,"

I had begun stuffing my face when I felt eyes on me; the thing was they weren't Dan's.

He was too busy eyeing up his burger in his hands.

I discreetly looked around the room, not seeing anyone looking directly at me.

I shrugged the feeling off and went back to eating my food.