12|| Long Distance (Explicit) ~ Marquese Chriss

For gabbyxlovee

Gabby's P.O.V.

"8th Overall pick, the Sacramento Kings select. Marquese Chriss. Washington." As I heard Adam Silver say those words, I knew that our relationship has taken a new turn. I would be in Washington finishing up my studies and he will be in Sacramento, his hometown, playing the sport he has grown to love. As he graced the stage, that smile that I loved beamed across his face. I was really happy for him, but I was not ready for the challenges that we were about to face as a young couple.

"Babee I miss you." I said as his face popped up on facetime.

"I miss you too baby. What is up?" he asked as he settled down in his couch.

"The same old. Homework, class, eat and sleep. How about you? What is Phoniex saying?" I asked him. During draft night they traded him to the Suns but it didn't matter to him, he got to play in the NBA.

"Hot like shit. I miss the cold. Miss cudling with you in the cold. It too hot to cuddle in Az. Tooooo hot." he said sounding dramatic as usual. I laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Other than the heat, you know. You had a good Summer League and all, but how is training going, are you close with the boys?" I asked, trying to get more concrete answers.

"Babe training is going good. There is a good bit of stuff that I am working on offensively, but I think I am going to have a good first year." he said with a little smile on his face.

"Good. I want only the best from you. Keep on working and have fun with it. Just remember that." I told him. My mother always told me that things can become a burden, if you don't have the love and passion for it and don't want that to happen to Marquese.

"I don't know. This game gives a different vibe. Like football was my first true love, but something about basketball, is just different. Like you." he said as he winked at me as my face gave off a light red hue.

"Stop it babe." I said laughing with him. "But you did not tell me who you hang out with on the team?"

"Oh you know all the other rookies. I'm pretty cool with Tyler and Devin trying to take me under his wing." he said chuckling a bit. Did he just say Devin?

"Oh. Devin." I said not sounding as excited anymore. Like everyone knows about Devin. Everyone.

"Yes. And I know he gets around a lot, but that will not be me." he said smiling at me.

"You sure Marquese De'Shawn Chriss? Because I will not be played. Tell me now, so I know if to leave or not." I said to him sternly. He let out a loud sigh and smiled at me.

"Gabby. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I will never step out on a Queen for a peasant. Never. Things might get rough, we might not be able to talk as much. But I will not leave this relationship fall to the ground. No matter what. You hear me?" he said in all seriousness. Hearing him say such words reminded me why I am with him in the first place. The compassion and the love that he has for the people he love is admirable.

"Yes I heard you. I just had to make sure." I said smiling at him. A big grin plastered across his face, making him look goofy.

"Great. And remember that I love you." he said with that grin.

"I love you too baby. I love you too."

Marquese's P.O.V.

"I think after such a beautiful win, we should go out and experience some LA night life, what do you think boys?" Devin said as we walked off the team bus to go to our rooms. A little 'sures' and 'why not' came from the guys as I just shook my head at them.