Chapter Thirty Four | Revelations

The combination of nerves, excitement and curiosity was probably one of the worst combination of emotions

The combination of nerves, excitement and curiosity was probably one of the worst combination of emotions.Theses emotions lead to a night of tossing and turning with a side of checking the time every ten minutes. Usually I would be grumpy from a night like the one I just spent but I was pumped.

I was paced back and forth in my room until it was time to go to school. I made sure to grab the letter as it was my ticket to answers. Today's the day I get answers. Finally!

I did a weird walk of skipping and jumping to school. The house was empty and I was sure that school would be relatively empty with everyone getting ready for the charity ball. At least I won't run into any curious students.

Once I arrived at school, I stopped to collect myself. One half of me was ready to demand answers and the other half was ready to run home and pretend nothing ever happened. Everything will turn out fine. The worst case would be having to take up a new community service project.

I had a couple of minutes to spare when I arrived at the office. I showed the letter and was told to be seated until I was called upon. I continued to reassure myself as I waited to be called in. Why can't they hurry up and call me in? Don't they see I'm ready to run in the opposite direction?

"Ella, please come in and have a seat," Mr Collins said from the open door of his office.

I walked in slowly, expecting someone else inside but there was no one there.  The office looked exactly like it did last time. This wasn't making much sense. I took a seat whilst Mr Collins returned to his chair behind his desk. Does that mean...?

"Yes Ella, I'm in charge of CC. I've always had an interest in- what do you kids call it- ah yes, shipping," Mr Collins answered my silent question. Too many thoughts swirled in my mind, I didn't know what to say so I blurted out the biggest one. How? When? Who?

"But you always did opposite to what was wanted by CC. Like Emma being helped by Ashton and the tutoring thing between Emily and Jacob!?" I accused him. How did he manage though?

"Those were just tests and you passed," he dismissed.

"Okay but it still doesn't make sense how you knew what was going on all the time. You have THREE different contact numbers?" I demanded answers. I had been running around for the last two weeks for CC, I might as well find out what I want.

"Well there's more than just me behind the company. I can't be everywhere at once but I was the first one to inform you about everything," he stated shuffling through some papers.

"Who?"

"If I answer, will you let us continue with the original reason for this meeting?" He sighed.