Chapter Thirty Three | Love Letters

My instant reaction turned out to be disastrous

My instant reaction turned out to be disastrous. I stood up, ready to run to class, and my chair fell with a bang. The sound echoed through the library.

"SHHHHHH!" The librarian hissed.

I didn't say anything to avoid being reprimanded for noise. The damage was done anyway. I need to calm down.

Instead I picked up the chair and slowly made my way out the library. I needed to think of a legitimate excuse for disappearing and missing 20 minutes of class. I tripped? I got lost? I was sick? I fainted?

Once I walked out the doors of the library, I started to speed walk to class. The halls seemed to be empty and only the soft mummers from classrooms could be heard, along with the sound of my shoes slapping the floor. Nearly there...

I turned the corner, only to be traumatised. I let out a short shriek. I was too wrapped up in my thoughts, I hadn't heard the sound they were making. I wish I hadn't seen them either. My poor eyes!

Marissa and Jacob were busy getting heated against the wall. The were so wrapped up in each other they probably hadn't heard me approaching. They jumped apart at the sound of my screams of horror. My poor mind would hold that image forever...

Jacob relaxed at the sight of me whilst Marissa looked tense.

"Oh it's just you," Jacob sighed.

"Yes, poor, unfortunate me who just witness some r-rated things that I wish I'd never see you do." I couldn't even look at them in the face. Some things you don't ever want to see a person get up too.

"It wasn't that bad," Jacob defended. He scratched his head and tried to look as innocent as possible. I narrowed my eyes.

"I saw you hands in places that they shouldn't have been and I heard sounds that I shouldn't have heard," I replied. Marissa just stood there blushing. She was probably too horrified at getting caught to say anything. I'm not going to provoke her either.

"Well you should pay more attention to your surrounding before you casually stroll through the corridors," Jacob responded, slightly irritated. He's probably upset that I interrupted them from... Yeah.

"Well next time find a empty classroom or a quiet corner no one visits if you want to get busy," I suggested. Please take this suggestion into consideration so no other unsuspecting victim is plagued my the images I've just witnessed...

Jacob shrugged and grabbed Marissa's waist, "I think I'll do that."

Holding Marissa by the waist, they both walked past me to whatever corner they could find. I heard Marissa giggle but decided against looking over my shoulder in case I witnessed something else. I still need to get to class!

It seemed as if I had missed another 10 minutes of class so I made my way to the next class instead of pitching up to a class that was nearly over. Hopefully the letter wasn't sent there.