Chapter Six | Free Cake

"What?" I uttered as I span around to see who was talking to me

"What?" I uttered as I span around to see who was talking to me. How did they know I purposely intervened?

"That... Was... Badass..." Calvin replied in a slow and patronising manner.

"Yes, but what exactly are you talking about?" I asked carefully.

"You don't know what I'm talking about..?" He responded. He looked amused. His hair was still damp from the shower after football practice.

"Well I do a lot of badass thing so you'll have to be specific." I replied, trying to seem nonchalant about it. Nope, not really... I just do things and somethings they're badass.

"Oh... I was talking about the gym! Ashton's gone running towards it after he saw what you did. I didn't think he would have energy after our first practice," he eventually told me. Couldn't you have said that from the start!

"Oh yeah, I hope he got the message!" I let out a nervous laugh. No one needs to know about my weird community service project.

"Are you going to join us?" Calvin asked. Usually a bunch of the football boys come to the cafe after practice at least once a week, depending on how demanding practice was.

"Oh I don't think so, I'm waiting for Eva." I didn't need to explain further because Calvin knew Eva as she usually served them and they'd seen us on a couple of occasions together.

Calvin walked to the circular booth I had previously been sitting in. Calvin sat down and pulled out his phone and started texting someone. Meanwhile I went to grab some menus for him and a few other football players that had arrived and joined Calvin at the booth.

I started to take their orders and serve them because I had no idea on when Eva would be back from her break. Whilst taking the order to the kitchen, Uncle Mark stopped me.

"Thank you for helping out, Eva's gone home. I told her to take the rest of the day off. She told me to tell you that she apologises for leaving." He said.

"Oh no, it's fine. What's going to happen for the rest of her shift? Should I take over?" I asked.

"Someone else will look after her tables. Her shift was nearly over anyway. You can just serve the boys and that's it... They seem to be our biggest customers at the moment." He replied.

"Okay... I'll just go give this order," I said as I started to move towards the kitchen.

As I returned to the table, Ashton walked into the cafe. He said nothing. He just glared. I, on the other hand, couldn't help myself but say "Did you have trouble defeating my magikarp?"

Bow down Peasant! I'm the Pokemon champion of this town. He simply replied, "No." 

As he glared me down with his green eyes. I must have a death wish because I started humming the Pokemon theme tune under my breathe. I wanna be the very best like no one ever was...

I sat at the edge of the booth right next to Ashton as we waited for our food. It was my booth after all. Ashton decided to ignore me and turned to another guy and started talking about practice whilst I engaged with another classmate across the booth about the first day.

I was told by waitress that their order was ready so I went to grab their food and served them. I ordered Ashton's regular food so he wouldn't be as mad. When I returned and started munching on my cake until I heard one of the guys say:

"Did you see the new girl?"

"Oh yeah! She's so hot! I'd tap that..." Another guy replied as he started going into graphic details of her ass.

This is not the topic of conversation I want to hear about whilst eating! How am I supposed to change it?

"Ella! Didn't you help her around today? Why don't you introduce her to me?" the same guy asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. Yep because introducing her to a fuckboy is high up on my list.

"I'd rather not... It just..um...I don't want to overwhelm her with too many people in one go! You can introduce yourself if you're really desperate," I replied. Please buy my lame excuse! I don't want her to know you.

"Please! I'll buy you another slice of cake," he continued. He really is desperate.

"I get cake for free, you'd just be wasting your money. Anyway I want to save her from your horrible company," I replied before I continued eating my cake. Oops, now he knows.

The rest of the guys added sound effects after my insult. One of them went as far and talking a ice cube out of his drink and telling him to apply ice to his burn. Okay guys, calm down... It wasn't that big of a diss.

After I finished my slice of cake, I started to steal Calvin's fries because why not? Nothing tastes better than stolen fries I tell you!

Somehow I had moved from the edge to somewhere in the middle due to people going to take cigarette breaks. Calvin turned to me and started to talk to me.

"So not only did you end up joining us but you also came to steal my fries?" He asked.

"I did no such thing," I muttered. I'm an innocent person just eating some fries, don't judge me!

"Sure," he said whilst dragging out the world. He obviously didn't believe me.

"So are you enjoying the fries?" He knew very well I was enjoying the fries.

"I have no clue what fries you talk about but I'll just have to try them to see if they're good." I grabbed a few and stuffed them into my mouth. Calvin just shook his head in disbelief.

"Yep, they pass the test. You should finish those before they go to waste." I said whilst I had an innocent look on my face.

"Oh I will. Don't you worry!" He responded before demolishing what was left of his fries.

~*~

Stolen fries are the best.