Chapter Five | Coffee Chaos

One usually finds themselves rather famished after conquering a few gyms

I was currently in New Town walking away from the gym. I had left a magikarp to defend him. Ashton would get the message. Earlier, Jacob dropped me home and I finished all the leftover pizza whilst waiting for my phone to charge a bit. I needed food now.

I decided to go to my uncle's cafe, which was close by, instead of going all the way home to find something to eat. I walked down the path, skipping over a few cracks, until I reached the cafe.

The were a few customers scattered around, some of them on the outside tables. I was greeted by a few familiar faces as I made my way to the office at the back to greet my uncle.

I knocked on the door and waited to be signalled in. Uncle Mark opened the door and welcomed me in. My uncle was a tall and thin man that had gained a stomach over the years. He had peppered hair and a pair of round glasses covering his brown eyes.

"Ella! What brings you to this side of town?" He asked.

"Oh you know, free food and all," I replied with a cheeky smile. He let out a short laugh.

"You know the rules, whatever you eat is given back in your time," he replied before the phone rang. He picked up the phone before gesturing for me to leave. I waved to before I shut his office door.

My uncle and I came up with a deal where I would help him around the shop if someone was absent and in return I'd get food. He sometimes paid me depending on how long I helped out.

I was walking out when I ran into Eva. Eva was a short, petite waitress who's worked for my uncle since she was 18. She had blue eyes and light brown hair. It had been 4 years since I met her and we got along very well.

"Hey Ella! Nice hair! I see you've made a change from your dark brown hair. What made you decide to dip dye blue?" Eva asked. I had done my hair last week but she wasn't working when I popped in.

"Thank you! Well I like the colour blue and I thought; why not?" I replied.

"Well you made a good decision, it really suits you. Why don't you go sit down at one of my tables and I'll catch up with you in a bit when I take my break." As if on queue, Eva was called to the kitchen. She sent me a smile before making her way back to kitchen.

I made my way round the counter and took a seat at one of Eva's booths instead of a table. Eva got to serve the same area whenever it was her shift because she was one of the longest staff members. I started playing Candy Crush to pass time whilst I waited for Eva.