Chapter Nine | Idiot

Being sleep deprived was the worst way to start a school morning

I rolled out of bed and sent a message to Jacob. He needed to drive us to her house and I could sure do with a lift today. I just want to sleep. Maybe I can get a few minutes in the car.

Emma needed to go home, shower and get dressed for school. It didn't look good to turn up to school in last nights outfit.

I wish I could borrow Emma some clothes but we weren't the same size. She was tiny in comparison to me. I put on the first items I grabbed and put my hair up in a ponytail. I was too scared to look in the mirror. I probably look like a zombie with the bags under my eyes. I feel like a zombie so it probably fitting to look like one.

I couldn't stomach to eat anything so I made my way straight out the house but greeting my parents, who had just got up, before I left. Emma also made her way out with me.

Jacob was sitting in the driver's seat with his hands and head rested on the steering wheel. His raven hair was a mess. His t-shirt was ruffled. He looked like how I felt.

"Morning," I mumbled. He just grunted in return. I jumped into the passenger seat, putting Jacob's shirt on my lap. Emma sat with her head against the window as she tried to deal with her hangover. Jacob rubbed his eyes before he started driving towards Emma's house. I dozed off for a bit.

Jacob's sharp breaking shook us all. We arrived at Emma's house. She jumped out the car and made her way into the house. Jacob's then drove off. I yawned.

"Where we going?" I mumbled.

"Calvin," was his one word reply. I'm not a morning person either, buddy.

I decided to get a few more minutes of sleep. This actually turned into a nap. I was shook awake by Jacob. His shirt was on me like a blanket. Emma and Calvin had already jumped out the car. Apparently, whilst I was asleep, Jacob had finish collecting everyone. I handed him his shirt and mumbled a thanks.

I felt a lot better after my nap but was still half asleep. Jacob mumbled something about hiding in the library to catch up on his sleep, he was lucky to have a free period this morning. I strolled to my locker and slowly started sorting through my stuff. I shut my locker once I was done and leaned my head against it. Only two more lessons until my free period. Then I can really sleep. You can do this.

My internal motivational speech was interrupted by someone slamming a locker closer by. I groaned. What idiot is asking to die?

I looked up to find the culprit to give him a piece of my mind. He was already looking at me.

"Aww, look if it isn't Ella! I wonder where you were last night. Your friend Emma was such a good slut last night, she nearly started stripping for us if you didn't interrupt. Maybe next time you can join her." The idiot said. His friend was laughing like a hyena.