Chapter Nine: Unedited

buy me a coffee! ko-fi.com/lilyrider

Gray wasn't who I thought she was at all. The next day, I sat with her and Jess at lunch. Ammi walked over and tried to sit, but Gray had moved all the chairs to a different table. I understand the break-up was bad, but that was mean. Cruel.

Walking into the bathroom to fix my hair, I heard crying. Making sure they where not moans like last time, I opened the stall door to see Ammi on the toilet, crying. "Ammi" I said, shocked to see the petite blond sitting on the toilet "Allie" She breathed out, looking like she was going to let a sob out before launching herself at me and closing me into a hug.

She cried hard, wetting my camo jacket and my white t-shirt. Rubbing her back, I pushed us into the stall and locked it before easing her onto the toilet. "I'm sorry about lunch" I apologized, and she nodded quickly "Gray didn't mean it like that.." I trailed off when Ammi nodded "Yeah. She did. She's a big.. butt face." Ammi sobbed and I gulped, wishing Sam was here. He calmed me down, maybe he could help her.

"Are you going to the lake this weekend with Sam, Andrew, and their friends?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood. She shook her head and I smiled "I'm going. I think Sam'll ask me to be his girlfriend" I said, making her mood lighten completely. "Really!? You're going to have to look perfect the entire time" She pointed out and I groaned, almost hitting my head on the toilet seat. "Sam is.. different than my past boyfriends.." I mumbled and she laughed out loud. "What boyfriends?" She giggled "Bo Clement. We dated for 5 years. 1st grade to 6th" I said proudly before she burst into a fit of giggles. "He was a..bad kisser" I tried, but ending in a fit of laughter

"Thanks for not ignoring me like Gray and Jess. They aren't true friends. You are" Ammi said kindly, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me into a embrace that made my heart warm up. Ignoring the fact we where in a graffiti covered, stinky, bathroom stall. "No problem. We should go to the mall and get some things for the lake after school" I mentioned and she gave me a dangerous look "Or we could go right now" She laughed and I shook my head violently.

"I ditched yesterday with Sam. Ruby'll kill me if I ditch again" I laughed and she huffed, standing up off the toilet and grabbing her bag "Only 2 hours" I told her as I walked out of the stall and to my wristlet that was laying on the floor "2 hours filled with both Gray and Jess" She grumbled and I laughed, seeing my new Best Friend pout.

~~~

"Ready?" I excitedly asked Ammi as we walked to my car together "Yes! Getting my mind off Gray and Jess and on picking the perfect bikini will deffinatly make me feel better" She said and I laughed, nodding in agreement. Looping our arms together, we passed a furiously whispering Gray and Jess. As soon as we where a step away, I heard possibly the meanest thing ever come out of Grays mouth i'd ever heard come out of someones mouth in the 17 years i've been alive.

"It takes a slut to know a slut"

Ammi stopped, and I felt her try to move away but I knew that would result in something far worse than a rude comment. "Drop it." I quietly commanded, and she obeyed unwilingly as I started pulling her to my car.

"How did you do that?" She asked, shooting me a look as we climbed in "Do what?" I asked. Turning the air conditioned on, I held my arms up and pulled my hair into a high pony tail. Oklahoma was hot. "Make me obey" She said, raising her eyebrow. "I don't know. I'm a very persuasive person" I told her, pulling the car into gear and following her directions to the mall.

Ruby had given me a debit card, and I had promised to pay her back when I turned 18 for all the things she'd done for me, but she told me we where family and family doesn't do that. Living with Ruby was diffrent than anything i'd ever had. With mom, dad, and Ian, it had always been strict. With grandma Annie it had always been a do-or-die situation. Ruby was so carefree, never questioning my style choices and letting me play my music as loud as I wanted. She even bought me a car for heavens sake!

I liked it here. I had a friends-a friend who I really trusted, and understood. I had a great grandma who understood me better then mom, dad, Ian, or anyone else. I had a almost boyfriend. Everything was going great. But a tiny voice in my mind had me looking around corners before moving on, telling me something bad was going to happen fairly soon.

Listening to Ammis voice every few seconds with directions, I carefully thought about Grays words and why she would say it. Was she still hung up on Sam? Why else would all of them warn me against anything to do with him and then when Ammi and Andrew hooked up why they flipped out. It was a mutual attraction between the two, and why should petty drama get in the way of it?

Pulling into the crowded parking lot of the mall, I let my hair down and ruffled it before stepping out into the blazing heat. "My first summer in Oklahoma.. kill me now" I groaned, wiping the sweat from the end of my nose. Ammi laughed and stepped out also, shutting the car door and meeting me at the front "It gets worse" She pointed out and I grumbled as we began to walk in.

We went and got sodas before hitting up a few shops. Jac Vanek, Forever21, Victorias Secret, DSW, and Auntie Em's before walking into American Eagle. Walking to their shorts wall, I picked up a pair and turned them over, checking the length. Picking out another one in my size, I turned and started walking to the bikini wall where Ammi was before I saw him.

I knew it was him. He hadn't aged a day. The same hair, the same walk, the same one green one hazel eyes that he was constantly asked about. His lips where the same, except a small cut on his upper lip that I didn't remember him ever having. It was him. It was my brother. The brother that died in the fire along with my parents when I was 13 years old. Our eyes conected for a moment and it only made me belive more, that this was my brother.

"Ian" I said loudly as he turned and started out of the store. Dropping the shorts, I started running after him "Ian!" I yelled, exiting the store and running my eyes over the entire mall, trying to find him. "Allie?" Ammi said behind me, grabbing my wrist and startling me "Allie, are you alright? Who'd you see?" She asked and I shook my head "I-I don't know. He looked familar, but it can't be him".

Nodding, she led me back into the store and over to the dropped shorts. Picking them up, I followed her over to the bikini wall where I let her pick one out for me.

The rest of the trip, I was looking over my shoulder trying to find the familar face, only greeted with obese women walking their many children or creepy looking men watching the exit of Victorias secret.

Her mom picked her up, leaving me to carry my bags out to my car alone. It didn't bother me at first, but the sinking sun and the creepy men where starting to frighten me. Suddenly, hands wrapped around my waist and a kiss was planted on my neck. Instinctivly moving, I swung my arm forward and elbowed who ever it was in the crotch, dropping my Victorias Secret and Candy Factory bag in the process.

"Get..off..of me!" I yelped, hearing a groan. "Kitten, what was that for!?" A angrey groaning voice said behind me and I turned to see sam gripping his crotch surrounded by the push-up bras and  "Sam!" I screamed, dropping my bags and rushing over to him, helping him up as he gripped his crotch and made whimpering sounds.

"Nice bras" He chuckled, bending down and picking the black one up. "I'll rack you again" I grunted, bending over and pushing the candy, bras, and bikinis into their correct bag. "That wasn't very friendly" I huffed as Andrew and a few other guys walked over. "You and Ammi are coming, right?" He asked, and I nodded. Sam walked behind me and took my bags, going over and getting the others that I dropped.

"Yeah. We went to the mall to get some stuff" I said, unlocking my car and popping the trunk open. Sam put my stuff in and walked back over, breathing on my neck. "So.. what are you doing at the mall at.. 7:00? I'd be careful.. you never know who'll sneak up on you" I giggled, staring at Sam.

We chatted for a minute, Sam breathing on my neck and sending shivers up my spine. He affected me more than anyone ever had. It wowed my how much he did it with the simplest of things.