Chapter 13

I wake up to a squall of flying objects, a screaming Ava, and a few dozen bath products. Tarru and Torro are having a  mock spat over who can shower first, shoving eachother playfully out of the way until they fall to the ground and Torro cries out  beside Tarru.

      Tarru's eyes widen and he flings his stuff to the side and pulls Torro into his arms.He pushes the hair away from Torro's eyes."What happened! Are you alright?!" Torro's eyes shine with supressed tears. He holds up his hand, and a thin line of black blood trickled down his arm. "When we were fighting you pushed me into the doorframe.I just nicked my arm." Tarru buries his head in Torro's shoulder, muttering " Its all my fault Torro, I started the spat, and hurt you.I'm elder, I should have known better."

     He kisses his twins forehead, his own cheeks  now streaked with tears. "I promise to never hurt you."  He get off his twin, picks up his towel, and dabs the cut, which is already meshing itself together. Torro smiles, "See, It'll be ok. I'm fine." Tarru passes him his towel, and Torro squeezes his hand, and they share an intimate look before he goes into the bathroom

     I would have never thought that 2 people could have such a deep connection. Tarru places the bloody towel in a basket and gets out another for himself. He smiles at me, and I was still staring at him. " I am the older twin, and nobody is gonna touch my little brother. He's the only person I care about in the world."

     He knocks on the door and Torro steps out, smiling sheepishly. " I guess I forgot a shirt." I notice Ava staring at him, and smirk. Tarru grins at his twin, "Get some clothes on before Ava faints on us.", he purrs as he disappears into the bathroom.

     Torro dries his hair, and proceeds to make the bunk beds, and tidy up the twins half of the room. Ava emerges in her uniform, and looks so different from her usual pink frills and bows that I have to giggle. She smacks me and Torro comes and scoops me up in his arms, pressing me up against his chest. "Ava, no smacking my little Star, ok?"

     Before I can react, Tarru has his arms around me too,from behind, and he shakes his head so water splashes over me. " Cassi is our little Star, now is she?" He smiles sugestivly." She is so naive, so delicate....We'll try not to corrupt her, now won't we Torro?" Torro lets me go and puts his arms around his twin's waist. Ava's eyes bug out of her head as both of them kiss the top of my head before setting me down and running off laughing.

     I look at Ava," None of that leaves this room, right?" She nodds like a bobblehead, and skipps out of the room. I take a moment to look at my uniform. My shirt is dark as night and smooth, my pants crisply ironed, and my boots shine. Jan will approve, I think smugly.

     I walk out of my room and crash into what feels like a wall, but is just a person,  a boy the size of a mountain that is. Ivan pulls me  out from him, smiling. " You know you don't have to crash into me, Cassi. I am hear, wanting to be your friend, without such rough persuasion." He smiles, and I shiver a little. What has he been through to act so innocent, but be so threatening?

     His sister brushes past me,diugging her nails into my back as she passes. Cilla obiously dosen't want her older brother to be buddy buddy with anyone but her. I'll watch my back. I take Ivan's arm and say, "So Ivan, whats life like in Siberia's city?" His smile fades a little."It is damp and cold, and it snows alot. Not many people are freindly like you Cassi," he pauses to stroke my hair,

     "People are creul and harsh to deal with the climate, Its not very fun." He looks sad, and sighs, "I never plan on going home to my Father," he shivers and gets a haunted look in his eyes," I am glad to escape and be free, especially with Cilla." He smiles again. He lowers his voice," Cilla is nice to me, but watch out for her. She can be not so nice to other girls.She is kindof scary."