Chapter 9

As I am pulled out of the tank, dripping wet,Leo kisses me, and spins me in a huge circle. He breaks off, and we both start screaming.

      "Where the hell have you been? I was afraid i'd never see you again?'' I manage to get out between laughing, crying, and, of course, kissing. "I was a bit busy too Cass, look."

     He takes off the sunglasses he always wears, and I jump. His eyes are silver hued, but still blue in color."I know what you've been going through Cass, I just finished it myself."

      I start bomarding him with questions along the lines of,"Why didn't you tell me, or tell Meda to tell me, and are you ok, whats your Brand look like, have you seen Sage, and whats gonna happen now?"

      He grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me lightly, "Whoah there little lady, calm down now. Were gonna get a few days off, to recover, and goof off a bit, then start Training. Lets get you some clothes, and head out."

     I am handed a pair of tight fitting pants made from a blueish material, and another green open backed shirt. Meda looks at my face upon trying to squeeze in the jeans, and explains,

     " The latest fashion in the City is skinny denims. Have you ever worn denim before?" I shake my head, and she turns sympathetic.   " Oh i guess you wouldn't have, living in the 'Burbs, and whatnot. Come on, lets go shopping!"

      She skipps out of the room, with Sage, Leo and I trailing after her like lost sheep. We've never been shopping, our clothes were always rationed out each month, we didn't get to pick. Meda leads us onto a Skytrain, and tells it to take us to the Textile district.

      She passes me a pair of dangerous looking shoes she calls "heels". I put them on, try to take a step, and faceplant. Leo trys to hide his chuckle, but Meda and Sage burst out laughing. I pout for a few before Meda gives me a crash course in walking in such shoes..

     We disembark infront of a shop with menswear in it, and Meda and I will rendezvous with the boys here in 2 hours. We walk down the street to a shop that looks like Meda's pride and joy.

     Dark colors, short skirts, tight pants, and high heels. I  agree to try on some things in here, but then go to a much tamer looking shop a few numbers down. She herds me into a dressing room, and passes in a stack of outfits. "Try them all, and i want to see all three on you!" she hollers in.

     I grumble, and try on and show her a sucession of a very tight, very short balck dress(which i knida liked) and pair of loose fitting black pants and a light blue corsetted top, and a pink sweater with black boots(stilletto of course). Meda gushed over each one, and proceded to buy me all three, for an astronomical sum of credit.

     "Acclimates get ALOT of monthly credit, like more than your average familly gets in a year." Woah, are we that important?

     The other shop yields another 4 pairs of denims, in varying shades of blue and gray, a few more shirts,mostly backless, and an assortment of blazers, shoes(both heeled and flat) cosmetics, and a dress for sanction City events. The dress is my favorite, long gauzy, and in a dark charcol gray color with a green beaded belt.

     We meet up with the boys, and they are carrying one bag each, compared to my 7. Boys wear less,so says Meda, but they use each item more. We board the Sky train, and return to the grounds of the Acclimation council. 

     Meda shows Sage to a door, a pink door, and Ava springs out and hugs him. Sage laughs, and disappears inside. Well, so juch for waiting 6 months to move in together. Meda giggles when she sees the shock in my eyes. "Scared of something Cassi? Your room is just around the corner."

      I am panicing. I'm moving in with Leo....tonight. I don't know whether to be scared, or excited. Leo luaghs lowly, and scoops me up in his arms. "Thresholds are a part of my job description." Meda laughs, I blush, and the door closes behind me.