Chapter 20. Ava Elizabeth Hemmings

Okay this is a short chapter but the next chapter's will be longer. Sadly this story is comming to an end. But I'm going to try to strive for at least 10 more chapters. I have absolutly enjoyed writing Annabelle and Luke's story together. Seriously, this has changed my life. It makes me feel like someone really enjoys my writing and makes me feel awesome. I love you guys so much. It will be sad to say goodbye to these characters but hey, I put out two books. I feel proud. Anywhore I'll let you read. I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 20.

 I softly kissed her forehead before turning to the nurse who held Ava. Her small body wrapped tightly in a pink blanket.

“Hey baby girl.” I whispered. “I’m your daddy.” I said letting out a soft laugh. Her small eyes pried open. Baby blue eyes stared back at me.

“Welcome to the world Ava.” I turned and gave her to Annie.

“She’s beautiful.” She cooed.

“Just like her momma.” Annabelle giggled before looking me in the eyes.

“She looks a lot like you.” I looked at Ava. Her small fingers curled in a ball that she held to her chest. She did look like me. She looked so beautiful.

“She does.” I said sitting next to both of them.

“You ready for all of this?” Annie asked while she watched Ava look around the room.

“I’ve been ready.” I smirked. She smiled back at me before puckering her lips. I lightly kissed them before kissing Ava's warm forehead.

“I love you both so much.”

Two years later

“Ava, put that down.” Annie scolded.

“No!” Ava shouted back.

“Ava Elizabeth Hemmings, listen to your mother.” I said firmly.

“No!” she screeched. I huffed before taking her small hand and guiding her to a small chair in the corner.

“You will sit here for two minutes and by the time you get out I expect you to behave.” I walked over to the remote that Ava was carrying and placed it on top of the bookshelf.

“I just wish she would listen to me.” Annie groaned.

“She’s two. She doesn’t listen to anybody.” I laughed. She shook her head and picked up her phone. I watched as she read something, her face went sour.

“What is it?” I asked wrapping my arms around her.

“My mom texted me saying she has some news about Wes.”

“Is he alright?” Wes had been deployed seven months ago, and we haven’t heard much about anything from him.

“He’s okay, it’s just she says she’s afraid to see him.” confusion took over me.

“What?” I laughed.

“She’s afraid that he changed his mind about marrying her.” Annie laughed along with me.

“Stop laughing!” Ava yelled.

“hey.” Annie said giving her a stern look.

“I’m sorry.” Ava said giving both of us a puppy dog face.

“Come on.” I said holding my hand out to her. Her face lit up as she raced towards me. She puckered her lips and kissed Annabelle on the cheek.

“I love you mommy and daddy.” She squeaked.

“I love you too baby.” Annie said kissing her cheek. We all turned as the door squeaked open.

“Uncle Mikey!” Ava squirmed out of my arms and race towards Michael.

“Ava!” he said engulfing her in his arms.

“Where’s my hug?” Calum said pouting his lips.

“Uncle Cal!” she squealed as she reached over to Calum.

“Hey baby girl.”

“Can’t breathe!” she yelled as Calum wrapped his arms tightly around her.

“sorry.” He said kissing her cheek and letting her down.

“It’s okay!” she said racing over to her toys.

“Daddy come play with me!” she screeched.

“alright.” I smiled.