Chapter 11. Boo!

Chapter 11.

Minutes later Levi came back and told us that dad had said yes. I scooped Vinnie into my arms and carried him to the car.

“Wait, what about my car?” I asked.

“I’ll have my buddy come and pick it up, get in.” Levi said jumping into the front seat. I buckled Vinnie into his car seat and then climbed in the passenger side.

“I’m going to drop you two off at your house and I’m going to meet up with a lawyer and see what we can do about this.” Levi said pulling out of the parking lot.

“okay.” I mumbled. Half an hour later Levi pulled into the driveway.

“I don’t have any clothes for him tonight, I’ll try to run over to dad’s place and pick some up.” I nodded my head and unbuckled Vinnie from his seat. He wrapped his arms around my neck as I set him on my hip.

“Bye Levi.” Vinnie mumbled.

“Bye buddy I’ll see you later okay?” Levi said giving him a half smile.

“Okay. I love you big brother.”

“Love you too.” He said pulling out of the driveway.

“Come on let’s get inside.” I said holding him closer. A gust of wind stung my cheek as is whipped against my face. I stepped inside and shrugged off our coats.

“Luke?” I called.

“I’ll be up in a second.” He called back. Vinnie hid his face in my neck as Luke appeared at the top of the stairs.

“Luke, this is my little brother Vinnie. Vinnie this is my boyfriend Luke.” He picked up his head and gave Luke a small smile before hiding his face again.

“Hey little man.” Luke said.

“Come on let’s get you in the bath.”

I rinsed the last of the suds out of his hair before sitting next to the tub while he finished up in the tub.

“Hey does he have clothes for tonight?” Luke asked.

“No Levi has to get them but I haven’t heard from him since he dropped us off.”

“Well the little guy can just wear one of my shirts if he wants.” Vinnie looked up at Luke but as soon as Luke looked at him his eyes darted to mine. I smiled before grabbing a fluffy towel and wrapping him up in it. Luke picked him up and brought him to our room. I fished out his underwear from the dryer and gave them to him. Luke pulled his shirt over Vinnie’s head and stood up. Vinnie mumbled a “thank you” before hugging Luke’s legs. He smiled as Luke picked him up and brought him to the living room I made a small bed out of blankets at the end of our bed.

“No daddy, please don’t!”

I bolted out of the room to see Vinnie thrashing on the couch, but he wasn’t awake.

“Vinnie. It’s okay he’s not here.” His eyes flashed open and locked with mine. He scooted away and hugged his knees.  “Hey it’s just me. Dad’s not here, you’re safe.” I whispered. He climbed over towards me and snuggled into me.

“Please don’t make me go back.” He cried.

“I won’t.” I said holding him.

“Can I sleep with you guys tonight? Mommy always makes me sleep on the floor.” He looked up at me and how could I say no to those big brown eyes.

“Alright. Let’s go to bed now okay?”

“Okay.” He smiled. He hopped off my lap and ran to the bedroom. I followed after him and watched as he got a running start and jumped on Luke who was face down on the bed.

“Boo!” Vinnie yelled. Luke jumped a bit and then laughed.

“You scared me!” Luke laughed.

“Good!” Vinnie said laughing with Luke. I smiled as Luke tackled him lightly and tickled him. He’s going to be a great father, I know it.

A/N: excuse me while I die from Luke feels. lol