Chapter 18. Scared shitless

Chapter 18.

I lay in the hospital bed, the pains weren’t as bad as they were but they were still there. Slowly they began to wither into nothing.

“It’s normal for you to be experiencing false labor pains but not this bad, we gave you something that should help with that. You are free to go.” Dr. Carter said. (Sorry I’m not a doctor but I’ve heard about false labor shit so this is what I came up with.)

“Thank you. Sorry guys for the scare.” I said sitting up fully.

“Don’t apologize; we are just glad you’re okay.” Lou said sighing in relief.

“I was so fucking scared.” Luke croaked.

“I was too.” I grabbed his hand. He looked up at me, tears forming in his eyes. “I love you Luke.” I whispered.

“I love you Annie.” He said blinking causing tears to stream down his cheek.

“We will leave you two be for a little while. C’mon guys.” Zayn said shooing everyone out of the room. I wiped away the stray tears from Luke’s cheek.

“Hey, we are okay. Ava’s okay.” I whispered.

“I know. Just, I was scared shitless.” He breathed. I pressed my lips to his forehead.

“I love you both so damn much.”

“We love you so damn much.” He smiled before kissing me softly.

Hours later I was home and in bed snuggled up to Luke, but I couldn’t sleep. I slipped out of his arms and quietly made my way to Ava’s room. I sat in the rocking chair next to the window; the moon glowed so brightly tonight. I placed my hands around my large stomach.

“I love you so much baby girl.” I heard a soft humming noise in the kitchen. I got up and saw that Wes was calling me.

“Hello?” I asked in a hushed tone.

“Hey Annie.”

“How’s momma?” I said taking a seat on the barstool.

“So far so good. She’s checked in.” I could hear the sadness in his voice.

“It will be okay Wes.”

“What if this doesn’t work? What if she goes back to the drugs and everything?” he questioned.

“Then I give up.”

“You told her you wouldn’t give up on her.” He huffed.

“I know…it’s just…I don’t know. I’ll talk to you in the morning.”  And with that I hung up.