Check, him out, Mate (Dexter/Alistair) AU

"Is this where the chess club meets," a voice said, and it was be far the weirdest thing Alistair had heard that day.

Alistair Wonderland was not really a nerd but a guy who is very similar to a nerd. Glasses, straight A's, and he was the captain of the chess club. Though there were only two people in chess club, himself and his best friend Maddie.

Today he thought he heard the weirdest thing, because just 15 minutes before this question, Maddie had confessed to having a small, but not large and then again not tiny, crush on one of the most popular girls in school, Kitty Cheshire.

"This must be some kind of prank, because everyone know that this is where the chess club-," Alistair stopped talking once his eyes rested on the unknown person who had spoken. He think he might have stopped breathing.

In the doorway was a boy Alistair had never seen before. Know he isn't shocked because of a new student, schools got new students every year called Freshman, but this boy was something different. He had the most magnificent blue eyes he had ever seen. Almost magical.

Now that wasn't the only good thing about this boy, not by far. The boy seemed about Alistair's height, maybe even taller, chestnut brown hair, fair skin leaning more on the tan side at the moment. He wore a blue button down shirt and jeans and sneakers. He looked like a normal high school student. But he also looked like one of those high school students that just walk out of a photo shot for "The worlds most beautiful teens".

"What he means," Maddie said, coming from behind him, shooting him a glare, and then smiling at the new student, "Is that yes, this is where the chess team meets. I'm Maddie and this is Alistair who is the president."

Alistair just waved and continue to stare at pretty boy.

Maddie and Pretty Boy continue to look at Alistair weirdly before Maddie shook her head and looked back at Pretty Boy to continue, "He usually isn't like this, the only other time I had ever seen him like this is when he first saw Chase Red-"

"We don't speak that name Maddie," Alistair said, shaking out of his daze. He looked over at the boy and was surprised to not see him inching closer and closer to the door. But then again he was standing in the doorway.

"Come on in...," He said.

"Dexter," Pretty boy said, "Dexter Charming."

"Come on in Dexter," Alistair said.

The three toke a seat at one of the many tables in the room but it happen to be the only table set up in the whole room.

"I'm guessing there's space in the team by the looks of it," Dexter said, "No offense."

"None taken," Maddie said, "We're always looking for new people to join us."

"Thats right," Alistair said, taking the lead, "What makes you want to join the team."

Dexter shrugged, "It's always been something I do."

Alistair nodded and was about to talk when he decided it was a good idea to not look at the boy while talking because he might say something stupidly corny like, "Can I go swimming in your eyes because they're bluer than the ocean," so he looked away before speaking. "We meet every weekday expect for Monday because everyone just wants to go to bed and sleep after school on Mondays."

"I would love to go and do that everyday but...," Maddie said to Dexter.

"But your undying love for chess keeps you from doing so,"Alistair said with a jokingly dramatic voice. That got a smile from Maddie and a laugh from Dexter. Dexter had a very nice laugh and he looked good while doing so. He looked like one of those people laughing for a Calvin Klein commercial.