CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

Christ why did he have to come out!.

like it wasn't hard enough already. Was this his one last chance to play with  my feelings. Make me think that he actually cared for me, Just so he could crush me again.

Sitting in the back seat of the taxi all I could think of was why ? while wiping my eyes.

Why would he care if I left and never came back ?

Why would he think that after me catching them together that he still had some sort of claim on me ?

I shook my head. I needed to get my head together it was just in such a mess right now. I needed to Sort out another Job until it was time to go home. Back to Seattle.

After paying the taxi driver I made my way to the front door and rummaged around in my bag until I found my keys. Opening the front door I saw all the lights in the house were off. Kate and Joe had obviously already gone to bed.  Setting my bag down on the kitchen side I went to the freezer. Every girl knows the only way to get over heartache was to try and eat your body weight in chocolate ice cream.  Ice cream and a spoon in hand I made my way up to my room to start the healing process. Turning the lights on in my room I place the ice cream on the side while I searched through my draws for something comfy to wear.  I pulled out a  pair of sweatpants and one of my dads old baggy T-shirts.  Now dressed in comfort I pulled all my hair up into a hair band. All I need to go with my ice cream was I movie, so I chose one of my favourite comedies,  white chicks. Turning the movie on I picked up my ice cream and sat crossed legged on my bed. Scooping up the ice cream, I took my first mouthful and hoped to god it would work.

After a long night and very little sleep over the last  few days it had taken it's toll on me. Seeing the light shine into my room I groaned .  I'd had very little energy all I wanted to do was stay in bed. Sleep through the days and nights until the pain went way, So that's what I did. I pulled the covers over my head and when back to sleep.

I could hear the faint sound of someone call my name. The voice grew louder.   Pulling the covers back from over my head, I opened my eyes to see the room was now in darkness and Kate's head was pocking round the door.

" God Elle's are you ill. Do you want me to call a doctor, take you to the hospital" ?

I closed my eyes again.

"Not unless they can mend a broken heat" I moaned back.

Kate moved into the room and sat on the end of my bed.

" Sweetie why don't I make you a warm drink and you can tell me all about it while I start dinner?"

I said ok and pulled the covers back and swung my legs to the floor to stand up. Kate left first and I followed  her into the kitchen.  Kate switched the coffee machine on and I jumped up and sat on the kitchen side.

" So why don't you start from the beginning because the last thing you told me was it was already over between you and hot stuff. But from the look of you I take it more happened that I don't know of" Kate said and raising her brow at me.

The coffee was done and she handed me a cup. So I filled Kate in on what she had missed since I had told her that day that I was in a relationship  with Jas.  I told her that I went on a girls night out with Tina and Dee and that I'd had a great night.  I explained how it came about to me agreeing to stay at the club house because of Dillon having to lock up and it being so late.  Then I told her how Tina took me to Jas's room so I could stay the night there and what a surprise I'd had when Tina opened the door. I couldn't help but shed a few tears while reliving the moment once more.