CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER  3

Elle was in the kitchen cooking a pot roast when Kate comes home from work.

" Hi sis how was your day " asked Elle.

" Hey Ell's, was good thanks honey. Just been catching up on things and amending contracts, sort of piled up while I was away from the office but its all good now. God cant wait to eat I'm staved and by the smell of it your cooking pot roast. Joe is going to love you for cooking his favourite meal. So how did it go today did you find a job ?". 

" Yep I found a job and I'm really excited and the couple of people I meet were different but nice they have given me a weeks trial. I start at 5 tomorrow evening . I'm sorry that I'll have to work a few evening but we still get a whole Sunday together because I don't have to work that day either".

" Ell's that's great and I sort of figured you'd have to do a few evening. So come on which bar will my baby sister be fighting off the guys in?. I know I bet its the stag I knew Paul would take one look at you and snap you up, cant wait to tell Joe , he and some of the guys go there sometimes after work ".

After hearing how excited Kate was thinking that Elle was going to be working at the stag, the smile on Ell's face had faded. Elle was worried how Kate would take it not only to find out that she wasn't working at the stag but in fact working at the biker bar.

Kate saw Ell's excitement was gone " don't worry honey Joe will make sure the guys behave" giving Elle a reassuringly smile.

Elle shakes her head " It's not that Kate I know Joe would look out for me if I was working at the stag but I'm not ".

" Ell's the huntsman is a nice bar too , only been there a few time but the people seem just as nice".

"Kate I'm sure it its a nice bar from what I saw of it but I didn't get a job there either, I did try them first but they didn't need the help so my last option was" she didn't get finish her sentence.

"Your be working at that biker bar is that what your telling me are you sure the other two bars didn't have anything you could do".

" Kate I went and I asked and they have nothing I told you it would be my last option and it was but like I said, there different but they were nice to me a little ruff around the edges but really nice and I want to see how I goes Kate. I know your a little worried but honestly Kate it will be fine. I have a weeks trial if I don't like it or they don't like me after the weeks through that's it I wont have to go back".

Kate sighs and takes hold of Elle's hand.  " I know you're a grown women but I cant help but worry its my job , if its where you want to work the then fine ,  just promise that if you don't like it don't stay, there be other jobs and be careful . Not many people know a lot about them or what they do".

" I promise Kate".

Elle wasn't looking forward to telling Joe where she was going to be working. Elle didn't know if it was because she had cooked Joes favourite dinner but to her surprise he took it well,  just told her to be careful and that he hoped it went well. 

Elle woke up excited knowing today was her first shift at the bar she went through her normal routine having breakfast with Kate and Joe before they went to work. She cleaned the house and done some laundry for them all seeing how she had more time to do this sort of thing then they did. When that was done she got changed into some old shorts and vest top , tied her hair up into a messy bun to do the gardening. She wanted to make the most of the sunshine.  She loved gardening another thing Kate and her use to do together back home.

Elle had spent most of the day weeding the garden and just pottering about while the radio was play from the house. Elle was nervous about her first day at work and this is exactly what she need to help her relax.