To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {20}

"I watch superman fly away.

You've got a busy day today.

Go save the world, I'll be around.

I watch superman fly away.

Come back I'll be with you someday.

I'll be right here on the ground.

When you come back down."

- "Superman" by Taylor Swift

----------------------------------------------------

    "Did I ever tell you guys that I caught a squirrel once when I was little?" Kerri asked as everyone looked at her.

    "You caught a squirrel before?" Derek asked her.

    "Well...not really. It got into my basement somehow." she replied.

    "I think squirrels are cute." I commented with a smile.

    Carter chuckled, "You would think that, Ari."

    Today was Friday and Kerri and I agreed on double dating along with Carter and Derek. We were all at my house, talking about random things as we chose what pizza toppings we want on our pizza for dinner.

    My parents wanted to leave us alone at the house so they decided to stay at my grandparents' house.

    "Let's get back to the pizza." Derek said.

    "Right, right. So, three larges; One with just pepperoni, one with spicy buffalo chicken and one with portobello mushroom, onion and sausages. All thin crusted, right?" Carter said, reading from a post it note.

    Everyone nodded and smiles.

    "Cool, I'll go order right now." he said and dials his phone.

    "While Carter's ordering our pizza, let's choose what movie we should watch!" Kerri said, "What kind of movies do you have, Ari? Wait, correction; romance movies."

    "I have A Walk To Remember. And Titanic. And I think I have The Notebook or The Last Song, I forgot which one." I told her, "But I do have a lot of romance movies."

    "Great! Maybe we can watch them all!"

    Oh, Kerri. Crazy, hyper, peppy Kerri.

    I walked over to the shelf where tons of DVDs were lined up. I scanned through the titles and pulled out several romance movies. I placed them all on the table.

    "Oh my god! You have The Time Traveler's Wife! And P.S. I Love You! You have really good taste in movies, Ariana." Kerri said, shuffling through the DVDs.

    "Most of them belong to my mom. She loves romance movies and always buy them." I replied.

    "Well then, I officially love your mom. I always have anyway." she said. She hands me three DVDs, "How about these three?"

    I looked at the covers; Titanic, A Walk To Remember and Dear John.

    I smiled, "Definitely."

    I walked over to the TV, bent over to the DVD player and popped the Dear John DVD in.

    As we waited for the DVD to load, I took a seat on the couch sectional. Kerri made herself comfortable in the other side of the couch as Carter took a seat next to her, putting the phone down on the table.

    I pressed the button on the remote to play the movie and grabbed a cushion.

    "You guys aren't going to sit next to eachother and watch the movie?" Kerri asks me and Derek.