To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {10}

"If you ask me how I'm doing,

I would say I'm doing just fine.

I would lie and say that you're not on my mind.

But I go out and I sit down at a table set for two,

And finally I'm forced to face the truth,

No matter what I say I'm - not over you (not over you)."

- "Not Over You" by Gavin DeGraw

-------------------------------------------------

    I swiftly ran over to Cameron, trying to stop him from punching Derek before he passes out from the damage.

    "Cameron! Cam! Please, stop! Stop punching him!" I shouted at Cameron, tugging on his arm.

    "Do you even know what he did to you, Ari? He kissed you! Kissed you!" Cameron shouted back with rage in his voice.

    "Please, Cameron! Just stop!" I screamed as Derek fell onto the ground, all beaten up.

    "Hey! Hey! Hey! Stop this nonsense right this instant!"

    The crowd grew silent as the school's security guard came through the crowd. He breaks Cameron and Derek apart.

    "What the hell is going on here?!" he shouts.

    Cameron took a step back and slid his arm around my waist.

    Derek glared at him as he weakly stood up.

    "Not wanting to explain this, huh? Well, how about we explain this in Mr. Gilliam's office, eh?" the security guard said.

    He leads Derek and Cameron out of the crowd and disappeared.

    As the crowd breaks and the student resumed to head to their classes, I just stood there, shocked.

    How did Cameron find out about me and Derek?

    The only person I told this to is Kerri...

    Kerri.

    I sighed and made my way to my next class.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "So, you wanted to talk to me about something, Ariana?" Kerri asks as she leans against the locker against mine.

    I nodded, "Remember I told you that Derek and I kissed?"

    "Yeah." she responded, "What about it?"

    "Well...I was wondering...did you tell Cameron about it?" I asked her.

    Kerri froze and fumbles with her fingers, "I...oh my god, you know I wouldn't lie to you, Ari."

    "So, you did tell him?" I said, shocked.

    "I'm so sorry, Ari! I-I...it just slipped out! I'm really sorry!" she apologises.

    "Kerri..."

    "I know, I'm such a terrible friend. I'm the worst. You know what? I would slap myself if I were you. Just go ahead and slap me." she said, "I deserve it."

    "I'm not going to slap you, Kerri."

    "Why? I did something horrible that almost tore you and Cam apart!"

    "I know but...you're my best friend. Sure, I'm shocked and disappointed but I don't want to lose my only best friend."

    Kerri looks at me, looking like she was about to cry, "Oh Ari. I'm so sorry. You're the best friend ever!" She gives me a tight hug. Tight enough to eject my internal organs out.

    "It's okay." I said, hugging her back, "I need to go talk to Cam about this."

    "Courage, Ariana. Courage." she says as we both let go of eachother.

    "Thanks." I said and went off to find Cameron.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "I got a ten day suspension." Cameron told me, flatly.

    I sighed and ran my hand through his hair, "I'm really sorry."

    "It's not your fault, Ari. It's that new guy, Derek." he said with rage in his eyes.

    "It's not his fault either." I said.

    He looks at me, "I know it is, Ariana...It's his fault for kis---"

    "I kissed him back." I finally said.

    Cameron looks at me, shocked, not knowing what to say.

    "I know, you're probably pissed off at me. I'm really sorry. I-I'm a terrible girlfriend. I'm so stupid, I'm---"

    Cameron suddenly pulls me into a hug as I started to cry.

    "It's fine. I am pretty disappointed but I'm not even closed to pissed at you." he whispers softly in my ear.

    "Promise you won't hurt Derek anymore? He's a friend and I don't want him to get hurt." I said.

    "But, Ari---"

    "Please understand."

    He sighs and pulled away from me. He runs his hand through his hair, thinking, "I dunno..."

    "I love you, Cam. I really do." I said.

    "I love you too." he said and swiftly kisses me.

    "I won't hurt him...sorta." he said.

    "Sorta?" I repeated.

    "Fine, I won't hurt him. But if he does one more thing to you, I'm done. I'll kill him if he does." he said.

    "He won't. I'm sure he won't." I said.

    He smiles and embraced me into a hug once more.

    -------------------------------------------

    Author's Note:

    I know, short chapter and I'm sorry for that!

    But surprising chapter, wasn't it?

    I'll be posting up chapter eleven in a couple days. So, look forward to that! :)