To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {13}

Holy crap! Guess what?! A NEW MOTHER FUDGIN' CHAPTER OF THE SEQUEL, GUYS! Okay, first of all, I apologize. My mom's not home right now so I managed to jump on Wattpad and upload a chapter of this that you have been waiting a long time for. I'm really really really (x1000000) sorry! I should be studying right now 'cause my mom's expecting me to but c'mon, I need a chapter of the sequel up! So, here's a chapter that will hopefully make up for my lame and stupid excuse for not coming on that often.

So, I really hope you like this chapter and I'll work on chapter 14 later! I can't promise you this but chapter 14 might be up this....Friday? I dunno. But stay tuned for that :D

So, enough of my blurb, enjoy the chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------

 "If the weapon is your love, I got my hands up.

If you're gonna take me down, I surrender.

I'll give you anything you want,

Just don't leave me alone.

This is a hold up, this is a hold up.

If the weapon is your love, I got my hands up."

- "Hold Up" by Demi Lovato

-----------------------------------------

    "Ariana! Are you ready? We're leaving in a couple minutes!" I heard Carter shout on the other side of the door.

    "I'm coming! Hold on a sec!" I called back as I did my last minute check on my make up.

    I smiled, grabbed my purse and blue mask and scurried out of my room.

    I carefully walked down the stairs in my silver strap heels, grabbing onto the railing and found my mom, smiling at me. She whispered something to my dad and he lifts up his camera and snaps a photo of me. I rolled my eyes and finally reached the front door.

    There at the door was Derek, dressed in a black tux with a white mask in his hand.

    Mom and dad set Derek and I up to go to the dance together. Of course, I didn't mind because I was going to Cameron at the dance. We promised to meet each other there.

    Everything was perfect.

    I linked arms with Derek, put our masks on and dad took the 500th picture of us together.

    "Okay, Landon, I think that's enough pictures. Let's let the lovely couple go off to their dance." mom told dad.

    "Alright, alright." he gives in.

    "Ready to go?" Carter asks us.

    I smiled, "Yes, we are."

    I gave mom and dad, one last goodbye and headed out the door to Carter's car.

    I got in the back seat as Derek gets in the passenger seat beside Carter.

    "Alright, who's ready for the dance?" Carter says as he turns on the engines.

    "I am!" I said, cheerfully.

    "So, do you have a date to the dance, Carter?" Derek asks Carter as we drove out of the driveway.

    "Nah, I'm going solo tonight." Carter replies.

    "Why not going with your friends?" I asked him.