Epilogue

Epilogue

2 weeks later

Nothing had been the same since the battle. Even though they were victorious they had lost someone important to them. The funeral had been held in Idris two days after the battle with all the other fallen warriors and another was held back at home for just the family. Maryse and Robert left for Idris three days after the battle to prepare things for the funeral and to grieve together, Simon and Clary decided to give the family space to grieve and to say their goodbye together. Jace was struggling, he had lost his Parabitai and now has a empty look about him, he just sits in the greenhouse for days on end. Magnus hadn’t been seen since they arrived home, he blamed himself for what happened, that he should have seen the man behind Alec and stopped him.

But there was Isabelle, she was walking around acting like she was okay and strong but underneath her fake smile there was a fight going on in her head to keep her from breaking down, to stop her from crying days on end.

Clary~

Clary quickly pulled a jumper on before leaving her room and then heading to the institute; it was going to be today that she was going to go see the Lightwoods. “Clary” she heard her mum call out

“Yes?”

“just be careful” she told her “they might not be ready to see anyone yet”

“I know mum, but I need to be there for them now” she smiled at her and walked out the door.

When she arrived at the institute she could but help but realise how quiet it was, no sound of the piano playing or the noise of a sword being sharpened or sound of church meowing. But smelling something coming from the kitchen she ventured in that direction to find Isabelle cooking away. She stilled looked like a model even though her long raven hair was tied up in a messy bun and she was wearing a top that said I LOVE LA.

“oh! Hey Clary, would you like some pasta?” she questioned her suddenly seeing her standing there

“Oh no, its okay I just ate” she lied, she knew how bad Isabelle’s cooking is and she didn’t want to make her feel any worse

“That’s fine” she smiled at her before serving herself a bowl. She sat down next to Clary at the bench and took a bite. Screwing up her face she dropped the fork and started to cry. Clary reached her and gave her a hug, rubbing her back continuously “sorry I just annoyed that I still can’t cook”

“Izzy, we know it’s not that” that’s when she broke, and when she started to cry she couldn’t stop.

For an hour Clary and Isabelle just talked and cried together, Clary was proud that her friend finally let go and had let all her feelings come out. Their time together ended when Isabelle said she was going to go lie down for a bit.

Now Clary stood outside Jaces door scared to open it to see what she would find, scared that her Jace would have just flown away. Opening the door she saw him lying on his bed staring at the wall. She walked over to him and lied down next to wrapping her hands around him. She felt him relax in her hold.

She knew how hard it was for Jace while she was that way and she was so proud of him and how strong he was to keep fighting for her to come back and here he was now knowing that he cant do that for his best friend, his brother, his parabitai. She remembers gaining control of herself again and couldn’t help but break down, she had killed multiple angels. She felt dirty and revolted with her self, but Jace just held her tight whispering comforting words to her. But soon Jace felt the connection to his parabitai break and so did he, all emotions left him.

“I’m sorry” Jace whispered

Clary was surprised “what for?”

“Everything” he said

“None of this is your fault Jace,” she told him seriously “you saved so many people that day”

“Not Alec”

There was silence that filled the room after that “Everything will get better, Alec wouldn’t want to see you like this, he would want to see you living, being you”

“I know, I’m just scared to move on” he admitted, “I’m scared to love you because even Alec can’t love anymore”

“I know, but Alec would want you to, he loved you and wanted what was best for you all the time, he always looked out for you and would hate seeing you this way”

“Thank you. I love you so much” he said, she tightened her grip on him and held him close to her chest.

“And I love you”

A/N

I know not everything is resolved but I felt like if everyone is happy and that everything is resolved then story kind of ends at a big fat full stop and a bit dull.

Thank you for reading this and for making it go so well! I hope you enjoyed reading this story and will continue to read some of my stories in the future. Just so everyone knows, I won’t be doing a TMI based story next, different world is next. Expect it to be up either this month or the start of January