Chapter 18

Hey guys new update Yay!!! Thank you for all the comments it's always great to see those and I've realised how hard it is to not say God when writing in Simons POV because he can't say God, you have to use other words and its really annoying. Anyway enough with my none stop rambling that i will probably still continue, check out my Clockwork Angel story and get it reads so I can continue please :) I just went back to school after two weeks break and I'm already excited for next holidays. I'm hopeless. I am also going back to weekly updates not ever couple of days except if I have time to write.

Enjoy ;)

HerondaleBoys~

Chapter 18~

Jace~

12 hours

34 minutes

46 seconds

That's how long it has been since Sebastian left with Clary

That's how long it has been since Jace yelled and fought to make sure he didn't take Clary

That's how long it has been since he started to feel empty

2 minutes

23 seconds

That's how long it will be until he has to tell Jocelyn and Luke what happened

That's how long it will be until he will die a horrible death.

What has he done? He just gave the one person he loves away just like that even though he knew she would never want to be with Sebastian, but Jace couldn't of just let her die. Never.

Yesterday Alec had come home, happy and well the best Jace had seen him in forever, Alec had told him that everything between him and Magnus was back to normal that he was the happiness he had ever been. Jace didn't bring up what happened to Clary, he wanted his best friend, his Parabatai to be happy and not to worry about any of his problems, he deserved that. But not to soon he asked Jace why he wasn't with the person he loved and Jace had to tell him leaving Alec stomping out of the institute after Magnus, Jace didn't know why Alec was so angry at Magnus.

"Jace?" He looked up leaving his thought to see Isabelle poking her head through the door "their here in the library asking to see Clary"

Jace got up silently and began to walk to the library, as he got closer he started counting down

10

9

8 seconds till my doom.

When he opened the door Jocelyn was being held back by Luke, she was calling for Clary. When she saw Jace walk in to the room she stopped "where is she, why isn't she with you." He stayed silent "where is she?!" Jace hung his head low not wanting to look at her "no, she is not dead!" She cried out, Jace snapped his head up

"No she isn't dead" he whispered

"Then where. Is. She?" He looked right into her eyes

"She is" 4, "Sebastian" 3 "took her" 2 he was dead.

Jocelyn pushed Luke aside like he was nothing but a bundle of sheets and ran over to Jace, grabbing him by the collar and pushing him against the wall "you what!"

"It was either that or she would have died"

"She is better off dead! There is no cure"

"We cured it before"

"That was pure luck that it didn't work the first time, but it worked this time didn't it?" I didn't answer "DIDN'T IT?!" I nodded "my daughter is gone because of you, your just like Valentine and now she is just like her brother Jonathan"