9

So real quick guys, I want to show you a picture that I drew of me when I get home and my parents aren't there to dictate what I do....It's literally me, band-aid, potato chip and all.

You carefully take out a framed picture from the last present

You carefully take out a framed picture from the last present. It's a beautifully drawn masterpiece, and it's you, Chekov, and Sulu, with all of you putting an arm around each other. You check the box to see who it's from.

"Pavel! It's so cute!" You gush out as you hold the picture to your chest. He blushes massively.

Sulu smiles. "Awww...You guys are really cute, you know," He puts his right and left pointer finger together to model you two. You can tell you are blushing. Thank goodness Sulu's PADD notification goes off to break the awkwardness. He types for a little bit, then looks up at the both of you. "Come on, guys. We're going on shore leave."

*(TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LOGIC OF SPOCK)*

You are amazed by the mall that Uhura, who is tasked with taking care of you, has showed you. It has basically everything imaginable, clothes-wise, that is. Bones had allowed you a certain amount of federation credits (and a lot, too) to spend, so you were super exited to go.

"Uhura! Look in there!" You poke her arm then point to the store that you can see some cute clothes in.

"Awesome! Let's go!" She says, equally excited. You run into the store with her. The walls are lined with clothes from cute to a little more grown-up look. You immediately run to a shirt that catches your eye. It's a sweater that's a peachy pink, and on the front it has a silhouette of a cat. Under the cat it says 'meow'. You take it and run over to Uhura. "Waddaya think?" You say as you hold it up to you.

She laughs in a good-natured way. "I love it! It will definitely impress the small Russian!"

You blush as you try not to laugh. "There's...nothing between us. We're just friends," You say, avoiding eye contact. She pats you on the back.

"We've all been there, sweetie. Ah, young love. So sweet," She tries to make the moment seem very dignified, but you both end up just cracking up.

"Uhura, this is why I wish you were my mom sometimes," You say through laughs and giggles.

She snorts a laugh again. "But that would mean I would kind of be like Bones's wife!" She says, scrunching her nose when she says wife. That just gets you both cracking up more, then you decide to go back to looking for clothes.

She holds on to the 'Meow' shirt for you, then you go looking more into the jeans section. You pick out a few jeans here and there, until you have a pile of about 5 pairs of jeans. You start to walk back to Uhura, who is in the makeup section of the store, when someone walks out in front of you, and you trip over them. You stumble, and your jean pile flies out of your hands. An icy sensation surges through your body and you jump forward to catch them at supernatural speed. You spin around, then land on your feet, and skid back a few inches. You realized that you'd just used your power. In public. Oh shit.

You look to see if anyone else had seen you. Thank goodness it was a big store, and not many people were around you. Your eyes then dart to see who you had tripped over. He was a boy your age, with wavy brown hair, and he looked completely stunned to see you. "Look, I-" You began.

"(y/n)?" He asks, wide eyed.

You blink a few times and tilt your head. "No, my name's Jay. I'm sorry you had to see that. I'm just -really fast." The boy just stood there, obviously not believing what he had just seen. You wave your hand in front of his face to make sure he's ok. He completely snaps out of the trance and looks at you normally.

"Sorry, you just looked like...someone I knew," He says, looking down. He looks a little sad.

"Well, I've never really been anywhere, so I don't think you would have known me," You smile. You are a little bit creeped out by this guy, actually."I don't get out much."

He weakly smiles back, but is still obviously astonished by you. "(y/n)..." He mutters under his breath.

You just awkwardly start to walk away. He grabs your arm, causing you to get mad because he's acting so weird. "Excuse me sir, but you need to stop acting all weird-hypnotic pyhcopath suspicious crap around me because I am not who you think I am, and so stop being a little creep!!" You yell to his face. He looks taken aback, then sighs.

"Sorry. I need to talk to you sometime. I-I can explain everything. Will you be here tomorrow?"

You look at him skeptically. "Yes...?"

"Good. Meet me here at 13:00 hours. Right back here in the jeans section. I'll explain everything," He promises. You nod slowly, then go run away from him to find Uhura.

While walking back, you replay the whole thing in your head. The one question you can't stop asking yourself is:

Why did he look so familiar?