11

"HE WHAT?" Bones yells as you finish telling them what happened at the mall.

"I told you, he was going to take me away from all of you. Take me back to where I was created. Back to the HQ of this whole operation," You say again. You're all sitting in your room, trying to figure out what they might do next, and what you plan to do to stop them. Pavel walks over to where you are sitting on your bed. He sits with you, then wraps his arms around you.

"I know zat we'll get zrew zis, Jay," Pavel whispers into your ear. You nod, but you feel like breaking down. The theory that you were an experiment was confirmed. Kirk and Bones are fighting about what they should do about you.

"I say we all go back up into space and go take shore leave on another nearby federation planet. It's too dangerous to stay here," Kirk points out.

"Yes but why don't we go report these people to Star-Fleet? Let them figure it out," Bones asks.

"Because when they ask where we were and stuff, if we let one little thing slide about Jay, it's all over for her and big trouble for us."

You pipe in. "Why don't we just go figure this out for ourselves? A kind of solve-the-big-mystery kind of deal?"

"I'd love to do that, but we're Star Fleet officers, not detectives...hold up," Bones says, and puts up his pointer finger. A wide smile spreads across his face. "That green-blooded hobgoblin might be of some use."

You tilt your head. "Green-blooded what?"

He takes your hand and leads you out the door. "Come on, guys, we're going to go see Spock."

*(TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIRK'S AWESOMENESS)*

"I fail to see why you all are incapable of doing this yourselves."

Kirk pats him on the back. "Because we all know that you are the more logical being," He smirks.

Spock can't argue that. He opens his mouth to find someway to object, but closes it because he realizes he can't fight it. He sighs. "Ok then. What is the mystery for which you have inquired my help for?"

Bones takes a big breath and explains the whole situation to him. At first, Spock has a mono-expression face, but by the end, even though his face has not changed, his eyes suggest that he is a bit sad. "I now understand," Spock says. "Come, Jay, I will show you to our first step: getting this boy's DNA. You say that he grabbed your arm, correct?" You nod. "Then we will both beam to the Enterprise and I will take a DNA sample from where he touched you, since it is still quite fresh."

You shrug. "Sure, I have nothing else as a good lead."

Spock opens up his communicator."Commander Spock to Enterprise. We need two to beam. Can you manage that?"

"Enterprise here. Just step outside Spock, and we'll beam you and your friend up here in a jiffy," A Scottish accent comes through.

"Thank you, Montgomery Scott."

"For the last time, lad! Just call me Scotty like everyone else!"

Spock closes his communicator to prevent further arguing. He turns to you and motions to go out of the door. You happily oblige, glad that you were getting somewhere.

About 2 seconds after you get out of the hotel, the Enterprise beams you up. You really like the feeling of beaming up, it was a bit cold and gave you tingly feelings every time.

When you are in the transporter room, Spock proceeds to lead you down to where he works. Surprisingly, in all the time you'd been there, you'd never seen this part of the ship. He leads you over to his desk and you sit down in the chair that is right beside it. He takes out a machine that is a rectangular prism with a hole in the middle.  "Stick your arm through this. It will take a scan to see any DNA that was left on your arm," He holds it and you stick your arm through it to where the boy touched you. It makes some beeping sounds, some flashing lights, and then stops.

"Did you get it?" You ask. Spock nods.

"I have acquired this boy's DNA sample. Now, I will have to transfer the DNA to a machine before we can track him. It will take all night. I am correct in assuming that you do have a room here on the Enterprise?"

"Yes," You nod.

"Good. You will have to stay there tonight as going back down to your hotel room would be too dangerous to stay in. Or would you like one of your friends to come back up so that you may stay with them?"

"I'll take care of it. I guess I'll go then," You say, and turn to walk out the door. 

"Jay?" Spock stops you. You turn around to look at him.

"Yes?"

He sighs quietly. "I would like to tell you how brave you are. Because of the recent happenings, I would expect you to be a little more frightened and not as able to help with this. But you are going along with this very smoothly and not breaking down, as most normal girls your age would."

You pause, then smirk. "There are certain benefits to being created as an experiment."