6

"I dunno, I still feel pretty bad with this leg. Plus, I don't think Medbay would like it..."

Pavel and Sulu were going to go running in the gym. They didn't want to leave you out. So, naturally, you are pushed into going with them. 

It was a week since you had hurt your leg and Bones had hurt - well - lost his leg. He was recovering, but said that you might have to stay with Kirk longer than you had originally planned. Everything else was going smoothly, and you were even allowed to walk around the ship with your knee and all.

"Come on, Jay. It's going to be fun!" Sulu says, and gives you a playful hit on your shoulder. You roll your eyes, but finally agree, for Pavel just used his puppy eyes. They just couldn't be resisted!

"Fine. But the doctors aren't going to like it," You remind them. So you all start to walk down to Medbay, talking about who's going to win at what. You tell them that the only thing you can do is watch their runs so that you don't have to run, but it just means you get to do stuff like throwing a baseball and lifting weights. You sigh but agree. After all, these were your best friends, so spending time with them was fun.

When you get down to the gym, there are not a lot of people using it. Pavel instantly runs in and gets all excited. Sulu and you follow after him, excited but not showing it as much. You got Sulu and Pavel on one wall of the gym, then pulled up a chair and prepared to see who was going to win. 

"On your marks, get set, GO!" You yell. 

Pavel practically leaps off the wall and gets a huge lead on Sulu. Pavel runs like a madman, and Sulu is trying hard to keep up. By the time Sulu reaches the other side of the gym, Chekov is already halfway back to your side. Finally, Chekov touches the wall and has to wait a whole 6 seconds before Sulu gets back also.

"Man, I'm outta shape," Sulu pants as he looks at Pavel, then you. Chekov just smiles that grin that makes you melt inside. Then you look away when you realized that you're blushing. "Would you like to race too?" Sulu questions. You hold up your leg, point to your brace, and raise your eyebrows. He realizes what you're trying to say and nods. "Then why don't we go throw a baseball?"

You nod. "I'm not going to let Pavel whoop my butt," And you scamper off to find a ball. You come back to them with two baseball-like balls. They were softer so that if they hit someone they wouldn't hurt them as much. They lead you into the baseball hitting room. It tracks your speed and is long enough that you wouldn't just hit the other wall. "Ok, here we go. I don't think that I've ever thrown one, but I'll try," You say as you pick up a ball. You feel it over a couple times before you get into a position to throw it. Your arm goes back and you throw the ball as hard as you can. The ball leaves your hand in a flash, way faster than it should have. It soon hits the other wall, then bounces back and you all duck. It bounces back and you catch it with lightning speed. Pavel and Sulu still have their hands over their heads, and are ducking down. "Guys, it's fine. I caught it," You say.

Sulu looks up cautiously. "What the heck was that? You threw it at like a bazillion miles per hour!" You shrugged, but then when you looked at the stats, you were a little more worried.

145mph. WTF, You thought to yourself. Then you looked down at your hands. You weren't normal. At all. 

"It's fine! Just look on ze bright side, if ze Enterprise had a baseball team, you'd be ze best one!" Chekov chirps up. You look at him and give him a half-hearted sad smile.

"Yeah it's fine, not like anything's changed, you'd still be able to kick any of our asses any day," Sulu cheers you up.

Then some random guy with blond hair walks in and says, "LANGUAGE!!" Then walks out. You all just kind of look at each other and laugh. It made you feel better, but then you remembered your super human power, or whatever you wanted to call it...

Just then Pavel tugs on your sleeve. "Mm?" You look his way. 

"Ok, you see zat guy with ze pointy ears out zere?" He leads you over to the window. You see him, then nod. "Well, I want you to zrow a ball at him. Try to knock him out. Ze other people are about to leave the gym, and he'll be the only one in zere. Just trust me," He explains, and you look at him like he's crazy. But when he puppy eyes you, you can't turn away.

"You're absolutely crazy, Pavel. You know that right?" You say, fully meaning it. He just smiles. So you reluctantly go over to get a ball.

As you pose behind the wall, you also look out to make sure nobody else was watching you guys do it. Nobody was in there, but that wasn't going to stay that way for long. You target this guy's head and aim. You feel as if you have an internal way of figuring out how fast you can throw it. You tell yourself, only enough to knock him out. We don't want any concussions. You position your arm to throw. Then, your arm goes forward and you hit your target square on. The pointy eared guy falls to the floor, so Pavel and Sulu spring into action. They pick the poor guy up and drag him back to where you are stationed.

"So what is the big plan, Pavel?" You ask. Pavel answers by pulling out a Sharpie. You get what he wants to do and you nod enthusiastically. He starts to write something across his forehead. When Chekov is done, he shows you his masterful work.

Written across the pointy ear guy's face is the words "I AM LOGICAL". You look at Chekov and laugh quietly, not wanting to accidentally wake this guy up. "Spock is always talking about how we're all illogical. He can't be mad at us if he finds out we did this, it's what he says to us all the time!" Sulu whispers. Pavel sets him down and you all walk out before he can wake up.

When you get into the hallway, you all laugh.