Christmas Shopping

Rhoda P.O.V

Me and dad are off to Diagon Alley in 10 minutes. I was quite excited to get all my shopping done. I dressed in my black skinny jeans, purple shirt and my deep purple wizarding robe with silver owl head buttons. I pulled on some purple converse high tops.

I stared into the mirror and brushed my blonde locks. I curled the ends slightly with my muggle curling wand and then left it to flow down to my waist. I smiled at my appearance and decided it was time to go downstairs.

I bounded down to stairs and got a forceful scowl as I arrived on the bottom step.

"I do not believe that we live in a zoo Rhoda Snape." Dad spoke dryly. I smiled at him.

"Sorry dad. I'm just excited for my Christmas shopping. Do you like my wizard attire?"

"Yes lovely." He smirked. "Now hurry up and say goodbye to your sister and Weasley." I nodded and went into the kitchen and saw them eating breakfast.

"I'm going to Diagon Alley with dad now Sev." I greeted. She turned to me and smiled.

"Good. Me and Fred are buying baby stuff today. Guess what?" She beamed.

"What?"

"Dad actually likes Fred." She whispered so dad couldn't hear.

"And how do you know that?" I scoffed.

"Me and Fred fell asleep on the sofa last night. Woke up this morning and there was a blanket over both of us." I couldn't believe it. I squealed slightly but Severina put her hand over my mouth.

"Shhh!" She hissed. She moved her hand.

"Sorry Sev. That's good news eh Fred?" I looked at the red headed boy who was grinning as usual.

"Totally. I believe we will be good friends soon."

"Good. Well I'm going. Have fun!" I skipped out of the kitchen and grabbed dad's hand. "Let's go!" I urged.

Without a word I was being pulled through a tight tube and felt the horrible nausea I always got from apparating.

We arrive outside The Leaky Cauldron in seconds. I stumbled slightly but dad held me up.

"I don't feel so good." I murmured.

"Here." Dad gave me a simple potion as always. I happily took it and we entered the pub. We walked over to the wall but dad stopped and kneeled in front of me. "Rules." I sighed and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm the good girl remember? I don't need rules."

"Yes you do. Not as many as Severina though. Stay by me at all times, ask me before wandering off, keep a hold of my hand and we shall go in every shop together, not by yourself."

I giggled slightly. "Dad! That's all means the same."

"Well you are smart aren't you." He smirked. "Basically Rhoda, just stay with me." With that, he stood up and took my hand. He tapped the necessary bricks and the arch opened to a wonderful sight.

The snow was on the shop roofs and the whole streets floor. It was still falling and the alley was packed with last minute Christmas shoppers. I knew what dad meant about staying close.

We walked into the street together and there was Christmas decorations and things everywhere. There were some carollers and Christmas stalls on the edges of the street.

Even Florean Fortesques Ice Cream Shop was more like a cafè, hot chocolates, cakes, icy treats but he also still did some Christmas themes ice creams. I would have to get dad to take me later.

"Alright where to first?" Dad inquired as we stood in a quieter spot. I tapped my chin with one of my fingers in thought.

"Well I need Fred and George, Severina and Kyle. Hmmm. To Sugarplums Sweet shop!" I exclaimed whilst pointing in the general direction. Dad nodded and off we went.

I had 35 galleons 10 sickles and 5 knuts and was going to spend it well. We entered the shop and I saw an intriguing sign. 5 galleons for a large sweet hamper. Perfect for Fred and George. That would be 10 galleons.

"Dad I'm just going to get two of them hampers. I won't be long." I smiled.

"I'll be outside. It's too crowded in here." He muttered. I just laughed as he made his way out. I grabbed an empty hamper and went around the shop.

I filled Fred's with pumpkin pasties, cauldron cakes, liquorice wands, acid pops, chocolate frogs, fizzing Whizzbees and Droobles best blowing Hubble gum, along with a couple of boxes of Berty Botts beans.

In George's, I put cauldron cakes, blood lollipops (cus he likes them, weird.) Berty Botts beans, Fizzing Whizzbees, pepper imps, chocolate frogs, sugar quills and ice mice.

I took them to the counter and paid three galleons extra for them to be gift wrapped. I skipped out to dad and he shrunk and pocketed my gifts. I
grabbed his hand and pulled him to the jewellery shop.

He stayed near the door while I perused around looking for something Severina would like. Then I saw the perfect gift. It was a gold locket with a gold chain. The locket had a 3D silver snake with emeralds for eyes. I walked to the counter to talk with the kind grey haired man.

"Excuse me?" He looked up at me and smiled.

"Good afternoon young lady. What may I help you with?"

"I'm interested in the snake locket." I pointed to it.

"Ah I see! You can engrave on the back of that. It's 25 galleons, 7sickles and 5 knuts with gift wrap and engraving." That sounded good.

"I'll be back in a second." I ran over to dad and be eyes me warily. "Daaaad?"

"Yes Rhoda?" He droned.

"Well. I've got a problem." I have him my puppy eyes. "I've got 25 galleons, 10 sickles and 5 knuts. What I want to buy Severina will only leave me with 3 sickles."

"You point is?" I giggled at that.

"Pleasemayiborrow5galleons?" I quickly rushed out. He smirked at me.

"Please repeat that for me."

"Please may I borrow 5 galleons? I need to get Kyle a gift." He sighed and thought for a moment.

"Fine." I hugged him. "But I don't expect it back, I just won't give you three weeks pocket money."

"Thanks dad! Your the best!" I skipped back to the man and smiled at him. "I'll have the locket please." He went and got it for me and it was in a red box with green silk lining the inside.

"Stand there for a moment so that I can project your face into the locket." I gave a small smile and with a blue light flash, my face was inside the locket. Then he got me to write a message which would be engraved on the back.

"Erm...I think...no that's silly...oh! I've it it!" I wrote down on the paper, To My Sister and Best Friend Always, Love Rhoda. My writing got engraved on the back and I asked for green and silver wrappings. I handed over the money and grinned like a maniac.

"Thank you so much sir."

"My pleasure young lady. Have a good day and Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas!" I ran over to dad and he pocketed the locket as well. "Your gonna have to wait until thursday to see what it is dad." I teased.

"Haha." He drawled. "Now where do you want to spent my hard earned money?" He raised an eyebrow. We left he shop as I laughed.

"Don't guilt trip me dad! I would like to go to Gambol and Japes Joke shop please." We walked in silence until we got to the shop. Dad stayed outside and I quilt went in to get a Hufflepuff yellow, filibuster Firework which showed the Hufflepuff crest on explosion. That's was two galleons.

I quickly left and pulled dad to Amanuensis Quills, where I bought an electric blue, eagle feather quill for 1 galleon and 2 sickles, and a pot of blood red ink for a galleon. Finally I was done.

"I'm done!" I exclaimed as we walked towards Floreons. "Please can we have some ice cream dad?"

"Unless you haven't a noticed Rhoda, it is snowing." He droned. That was true and it was pretty cold but I really wanted some.

"Please dad?" I pouted.

"Stop doing that face!" He snapped. He pulled me to the shop and I laughed as I sat down across from him. He ordered a festive, spiced apple coffee and I had a marshmallow hot chocolate and a bowl of Christmas pudding ice cream with warm custard on top.

I ate and drank happily for a while and it seemed that dad was happy too. Even if he didn't actually show it. Dad paid for the food and off we went. I had had a great day with dad and I happily followed him to the Apothecary and the Cauldron store for ingredients and bits for his school and private stores. He also pulled me to Flourish and Blotts and Scribbullus writing implements for parchment, ink, extra quills...

"Right. Now we are all done." Dad monotoned.

"Good. I want to wrap Kyle's gifts when we get home!"

"Yes well, let's have lunch first." I nodded and held his hand. We walked from one end of Diagon Alley to the other and was nearly at the leaky Cauldron when,

"Good Afternoon Severus." I grimaced and looked around to see Malfoy senior.

"Good Afternoon Lucius." Dad greeted.

"Who is this young lady?" He asked as he looked at me. I smirked at him and bowed my head.

"Rhoda Snape sir." Dad seemed shocked by this but didn't say anything.

"Good manners she has there Severus. Too bad your other daughter doesn't." I pulled my hand away and glared at him.

"My sister is a great person." I said through gritted teeth.

"Out comes to insolence." He smirked. "Seems like both of your kids are leaning to the wrong side." Dad tensed but I knew he couldn't do anything, this didn't mean I couldn't.

"Oh I'm sorry. Do you mean the side that doesn't involve murderers and low life's?" I spat back.

"Rhoda!" Dad scolded. Malfoy senior held up his cane.

"Don't worry about it Severus. I can handle it. Carry on little girl." He sneered at me.

"I would like to live a happy life full of no regret or blood on my hands, unlike you." I sneered back. He just laughed coldly. I stepped towards him and was know a metre away from dad, maybe more.

"What are you laughing at?" I snapped. But he didn't answer, he grabbed my wrist and I felt the horrible sensation of apparition. I screamed. Then we landed on cobbles.

I looked around and saw Knockturn Alley, I sighed in slight relief. Up until I saw the man standing before me. He grabbed the front of my robe and pushed me against a wall.

"Now listen here, you little blood traitor. You will choose the right side, even if I have to force you. You are damaging your families name. Your mother went the same way, filthy little blood traitor who didn't want to fight or the right cause!" He whispered dangerously.

"Do. Not. Speak. About. My. Mother!" I hissed. This is a new side of me. It was weird. He dropped me to the floor and I stood up.

"You better change your priorities or I will come after you and your precious sister." He was invading my personal space and I wanted to get away. I smiled sarcastically at him.

"Sure whatever you say." I then kneed him right where it hurts and ran. He doubled over and grabbed his parts.

"GET THAT GIRL!" He panted out. People started shouting and running after me as I sped around the unknown area. I was slightly panicking now. I ran for a while until something grabbed the back of my robe. I let out the most girlish scream possible and a had covered my mouth and pulled me into an alley.

I kept struggling and struggling as I watched all the people run past the alley followed by a slightly hobbling Lucius.

"Stop struggling and calm down!" A voice hissed. It was Dad! I stopped immediately and turned to hug him tight.

"Dad! You saved me! I thought I was going to die! Thank you so much!" I squeezed him really tight as he squeezed back.

"Never do that to me again Rhoda. That man is very bad and I don't want you near him. Do you understand me?" I looked up into his black eyes and nodded. He kissed my head.

"No more giving me heart attacks either." I nodded again and smiled. He let go and so did I. "Let's get home."