Chapter 10

Welcome back you awesome readers :D

------------------------

Jaimees POV

I was waken a few hours later, my master sitting on the edge of the bed. The child slept soundly, even despite the light. There was an adorable little dried river of blood left on her chin.

I felt my body weak, but didn't care. It felt good. It felt good knowing I helped an innocent child.

"Thank you" I heard my master whisper as he scooped me up. I fell back to sleep in his arms.

I woke up a few hours later, sitting in the same limo we arrived in. My master was sitting on opposite bench. He was staring off into space. I sat up and he looked at me.

"Why?" He asked

"Why what?"

"Why did you let the girl feed on you?" His voice had an unusual softness to it.

"I dunno. Because she's innocent I guess. She can't help what she is and has no control. I felt bad for the child. I know what it's like to not get enough blood, and I don't want a poor, confused kid to have to go through that..."

"Oh" he stared at the window.

"So. Will you ever tell me my name? Or will I only know you as some master?" I asked, curiously, but worried he wouldn't tell me.

"My name? My name...is Riven"

"Oh. Cool" I replied. The harshness was back in his voice, so I decided to not say anything.

I looked out the window, trying to see where we were. I always did have a love of directions. I loved knowing where I was. But something was weird. This didn't look like the way we came from.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked.

"You will see" Riven smirked, almost a dark smirk.

"Ok..." I sighed and went back to staring out the window. At the night sky. At the moon. The stars, anything I could.

It was a dark night. The moon was only a small sliver In the huge sky. The stars mere dots, just visible to the naked eye.

"We are here" I was pulled out of the trance by Riven's voice.

"Where...?" I looked around, realizing we had pulled into a small town.

My door was opened, as well as Riven's, by someone on the outside. I turned to leave the vehicle, feeling myself on the rough ground.

It felt nice to leave the limo and stretch out. I was led into what looked like a small diner. People were dressed in crazy colors, and crazy puffy hair styles. I guess this was the humans style.

Riven and I were led to a small booth and handed 2 pieces of paper. I looked over seeing all different foods. Foods I have missed, and some I haven't heard of.

"Why are we here?" I quietly asked Riven, knowing he could hear me despite all the background noise

"To thank you, for letting my cousins daughter feed on you."

"Oh. Thank you." I went back to reading the menu.

A few minutes later, the woman had returned and took our orders. I had a hamburger, and Riven got nothing of course. He did seem oddly pale compared to his usually overly pale self.

"Is something wrong?" I looked at him worriedly.

"Nope" he replied and rested his head on the seat. "Now shut up and eat so we can return home. I need human blood."

"Fine" I slowly ate my food, taking the time to enjoy what I haven't tasted in a while. It was nice. The burger was made perfect. The bread and veggies were fresh, and there was the right amount of sauce.

I heard a growl from Riven. I looked up to see his eyes blood-shot red and staring at me.

-------------------

Cliff hanger :P