Chapter 16: Everyone has a weakness

Black Mask's expression was un readable to the numerous thugs as they nervously shifted in their shoes. Each trying not to make eye contact with the threatening crime boss that sat only meters away from them. Black Mask's leather bound hand played with a bullet. His eyes looked down at the small black and white images that scattered across his expensive dark oak desk.
"Would any one like to explain why the damn RedHood is still alive?" Black Mask said finally. Each glanced to each other, each hoping another wound answer their findings.
"SPEAK!" He barked as he slammed his fist down onto the thick desk. One of the thugs finally pushed on of the younger kids closer to the desk. The younger thug look back in a short state of panic, but turning back to Black Mask, fear made him freeze.

The thug's heart skipped as the bullet stopped turning in between his finger tips. Black Mask breathed in before finally speaking, as he leaned back in his black leather bound chair he looked up at the thug.
"So...care to explain" Black Mask's dark gravelly voice said. The thug gulped as he took a step forward.
"Yes sir." He blurted out. "After Jimmy took a shot at him a couple of times the other day, he should be dead. But he came back and destroyed another warehouse, I was wondering how he kept comin' back. So I followed him. It turns out this chic has been helping 'im out" he said quickly, the words fleeing from Black Mask as fast as possible. A older thug pratically threw a bunch of Polaroid pictures to their Boss's direction. The younger thug's eyes nervously glancing across Black Mask's dark mask. Silence filled the air in the overly large office. Black Mask pointed down at the photos with his free hands.
"What do you know about this girl?"
The thug's face dropped. Silence filled the tense air, each once again looked at each other for aid. When no answer came, Black Mask slammed his fist against the desk again, regaining all of their attention.
"Do you even know what her name is?!"  His voice boomed. The thug flicked back as Black Mask's fist slammed down against the desk. The pictures jumped up in a panic.
"I'm sorry sir, I couldn't find anything. No name or nothin. "
Black Mask chuckled, he sharply turned in his chair. His gloved fingers pursued together, thoughts running through his brain.
"Leave. Before I shoot you in your face." He ordered.

The thugs sharply turned and scuttled out the room as fast as their feet would take him across the crimson carpet. Each shoving the other out of the way just to leave. Black Mask smiled as the sound of the door clicking shut echoed against the large glass wall. Leaving him entirely alone,  clasping his hands together. His chizled chin rested across his open knuckles. A smile rose up his face as he sharply stabbed at one of the Polaroids, the sharp tip of the knife narrowly missing the girls face in the picture. Black Mask couldn't help but chuckle to himself.
"I guess we should say hello...be rude to keep her waiting."