Memories

"Do you remember the night that I asked you to be my girlfriend?" Sam pushed at your arm with laughter coming from his mouth.

"Oh my gosh, I hate you!" you screeched and started to laugh with him.

"You've got to admit, it was the best night of your life, (y/n)," Sam said with a smile.

You moved closer to him and laid your head on his chest as you two sprawled across the new couch you had bought the other day. It was your guys first piece of furniture that you both had gotten together.

"Yeah, I had a boyfriend and you had a girlfriend, what a great way to get together." you rolled your eyes with a smile on your face. The story between you and Sammy was so different than a lot of couple stories.

You sat on the curb of the sidewalk, drunkenly crying. The streetlight was the only thing that had improved your sight to see the house that you would never walk into again.

You saw a shadow appear out the corner of your eye. Worried that it was your now ex, Taylor, you stood up and backed away as fast as you could.

"Woah, (y/n), chill ma. I just came to check on you. You stumbled all the way out here," the voice of Samuel Wilkinson came from the guy standing in front of you.

"Sorry, I thought you were.. uh... Taylor," you struggled to remember the bastards name.

"Welp, I'm not that much of an asshole." Sam stood right in front of you now and embraced you in his muscular arms. He held you tightly and ran his hand from the back of your head down to where your hair stopped. "I saw what happened, too. After you came out here, I went up there to see what had you so scared."

"You saw, too?" you asked quietly.

"Yeah. I mean, I guess I should've expected it out of her. She was always hitting on my friends," Sam said into your ear.

"Taylor wasn't your friend." you stepped back from him

"That's because I hate him. He's so full of himself and always tries to flaunt his money. I don't want to be around someone like that. I don't like people like that,"  Sam explained. 

"That makes sense." 

"Hey, (Y/N), I have an idea, but you might not like it..." Sam said slowly.

"What is this idea you have?" you asked.

"Let's pretend that we're together. Let's fake being a couple and show up to school on Monday, together, being all couple-ish," he proposed his brilliant idea.

"That's a really good idea. Plus, neither of them know that we know, so we can "hurt" them. I mean, it's not like they'd really be getting hurt but at least we can see their fake reactions." you smiled at the idea.

"Okay, fake girlfriend." Sam smiled 

"Babe," you got Sam's attention.

"Yeah?" he answered as he played with your hair.

"Remember how you kissed me right after you told me I was your fake girlfriend? And I told you not to do it again because we weren't around anyone to fake around? And then you told me it was a practice kiss? That was so fucking hilarious. I wanted to start laughing because I knew that it wasn't a practice kiss, you actually wanted to do it!" you rubbed it in Sam's face that he was bad a lying. 

"Shut, up (y/n)!" Sam smiled.

"No! I knew it!" you laughed.

"I hate you!" Sam exclaimed.

"Yeah, right," you scoffed. "You loooove me."

"You're right. I love you so much (/FN/MN/LN)."

"I love you too, Sammy." you looked up at Sam and kissed him.