Firsts

"Sam, you always take my forgiveness for granted! I don't want to hear it. We've fought five times in the past two weeks. I think we need time alone, away from each other," you sighed as the words came out of your mouth.

"I don't want time away from each other. We fight a lot, but I still want to be with you. You're all I have," Sam shook his head.

You moved over to the abandoned couch and sat down. You pushed your baby hairs out of your face and wiped the anger tears from your face.

"I want a break. I want to not fight. I'll still be here after the break, but I'm not going to guarantee that you will," you said, referring to his cheating problem.

"DAMN IT, (Y/N)! I FUCKING LOVE YOU AND YOU DON'T SEE THAT! YOU DON'T SEE THAT I'M TRYING. YOU DON'T. I SLIPPED ONCE THE WHOLE TIME WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO DATE. I TOLD YOU THAT I COME WITH A LOT OF BAGGAGE AND THAT COMMITTING TO YOU WOULD BE HARD! GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. I DIDN'T EVEN MEAN TO! SHE KISSED ME!" Sam yelled.

You started at him, dumbfounded by what he said. Not his yelling, no, that was a usual. You were shocked by him saying that he loved you. That's the first time he's ever said that. You've never said it either, because you were scared to love a cheater, but he said it. You knew he meant it because he's never said it during the sex, the sleepovers, or the make-out sessions. He said it out of rage, and when he gets angry he lets all of his honesty pour out.

"You said you love me," you blurted.

"I what?" He asked. "I never said that I love you." 

"You did, just a minute ago, while you were yelling at me."

"Fuck! I didn't mean it. Well I meant what I said, I do love you. I just didn't mean to tell you in that way. I'm sorry. You found out while I was yelling at you and you're still mad at me and you don't love me back and--"

You walked over to Sam and slung your arms around him. You nuzzled your head into his chest and squeezed tightly.

"I love you too Sammy," you rubbed his back as he rested his chin on the top of your head.