Spilled

You were sitting at a table outside of Starbucks, waiting for your friend, (y/f/n). She had told you that she had exciting news and wanted to tell you in person.

You sat there, sipping your sweetened passion tea lemonade and taking your surroundings in. It was just the start of (s/n), your favorite season.

"Oh my gosh!" you shrieked as you felt cold wetness go all over your shirt.

"I'm sowwy," you heard a little boy speak.

You looked down and saw a cute three year old about to burst into tears.

"Hey, that's okay. I can always change my shirt." you smiled at him.

"I di'nt mean 'oo," he spoke again, trying to fix his small "problem".

"Buddy, it's okay. Come here." you motioned for him to come into your arm, although you knew he might not because you were a complete stranger.

He happily trotted to your reach. You picked him up, and sat him on your lap, making sure to move your now soaked shirt out of the way.

"What's your name?" you asked.

"Colton," he said with a little stutter.

"Well, Colton, where's your mommy?" you asker politely. "She must be worried sick about you."

"I 'ont have a mommy." he frowned.

The thought of this cute, adorable, and smart little kid not having a mother made your heart crack a little.

"Okay, where's your daddy?" you asked.

"I 'ont know. I fink he in line for food," Colton spoke softly.

"Want me to help you find him?"

Colton nodded, but then something made you stop.

"Colton, I was worried about you. I told you not
to run off while daddy when to go pay the cashier," a blonde guy, about 23 years old said to Colton as he approached us.

"I sowwy, dad. I was bored."

"Little man, it's okay. I just don't want you to be a bother to anyone and me have to chase you everywhere." the guy was now eye level to Colton.

"I sowwy. I 'ont do it again," Colton said, still on your lap.

His dad looked up to me. "I'm so sorry that he distracted you, and got your shirt completely soaked. What'll make it up to you?"

"He's okay, I'm okay. I don't want anything. You have a very cute son, though." you smiled.

"Thanks, he's a hand full though," the guy chuckled.

"I'm sorry, what's your name?" you asked.

"Sam, and you?"

"(Y/n)."

"Nice meeting you. Thank you for watching him for a while."

"You too, but it's no problem."

"Okay, buddy. We have to go now. Grandma is very anxious to see you!" Sam spoke to Colton.

"I 'ont wanna go. I wanna stay here, wif (y/n)," Colton whined.

That made your melt heart so much. You had no idea that kids had liked you.

"Bud, she's busy, we can't bother her. You can't stay with her, Grandma is waiting," Sam explained to Colton.

"But Dad."

"But what, Colton?"

"I wanna stay wif her. She's pwetty and nice!" Colton exclaimed.

"I know she's pretty and nice, buddy, but she doesn't know us. Let's go see Grandma now."

"I 'ont wanna!" Colton pouted.

You chuckled a little and looked at Sam who smiled at you.

"(Y/n), it looks like you have a special charm. You have both me and my son wanting to stay here with you. Do you wanna just go grab some ice cream and then maybe swing my mothers?" Sam asked you.

You were surprised. Did this mean that he liked you? Probably not, you thought.

"Sure, yeah." you smiled.

"YAY!" Colton screamed in happiness.

"Yay!" you said back.

"Yay!" Sam exclaimed, also.

"Here, I can take him," Sam said as you got up with Colton in your hands.

"It's okay, I got 'em."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." you stood up the rest of the way and hoisted Colton on your hip.

"Do you want a new shirt? I have one of mine in my car that's not too far from here." Sam offered.

Looking down at your shirt, you saw that it was still soaked.

"Yeah, sure." you nodded.

"Okay, my car is this way."

You walked with Sam to his car and stopped at a jeep. It was sparking white, brand new.

"Nice," you complemented.

"Thanks."

"FANKS!" Colton shouted and started to laugh.

You started to laugh along with him.

"Here you go." Sam tossed you a black shirt that said "Wilkinson" on the back of it.

You set Colton down and walked to the other side of the jeep and changed your top. After you walked back over and Colton jumped in your arms again.

"I like youuu."

"I like you too, cutie." you smiled and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"That makes two of us, Colton," Sam hollered.

You felt yourself blush as you rejoined with Sam. You guys walked down the street to the ice cream shop. He put his hand on your back and smiled.

Wow, you thought, I'm glad Colton spilled my drink all over me.