Chpt. 24 It Has Begun

----Previously--------------------------------------------
"Autobots! Transform and roll out!" Bee and Bulk followed Optimus' lead and drove through the bridge. Me, being stupid and wanting to see Wheeljack, quickly took off after them and ran through also. As soon as I reached the other side and and the bridge closed behind me I realized I made a mistake when I heard a blaster power up in front of me.

"Well scrap."
--------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly turned around to see a vehicon aiming its blaster at me. I chuckled nervously.

"U-uh hey there? What's up?"

"Organic prepare for extermination." I yelped before turning and running in the other direction. The con fired after me once hitting somewhere of to my left before being distracted by one of the 'bots. I quickly dived behind some of the shrubbery and peeked out to see what was happening. Optimus, Bulkhead and Bee were all swarmed by vehicons. There didn't seem to be and higher ranked decepticons among them. 

"Decepticons! Retreat!" I heard Knockout scream before a ground bridge opened far off to the right. All the cons, who were still online, soon disappeared either into the ground bridge or into the sky. 

After they were all gone, I slowly crawled out of my hiding spot before standing up and walking over to the 'bots. 

"Well, that was exciting." All the bots looked at me, Bulkhead and Bee's optics wide in surprise.

"Lava?!" What are you doing here?!" 

"Well, Bulkhead, I came for, what I'm guessing is a similar reason to your's, I want to see Wheeljack." I told him as I walked forward more. 

"Lava," Optimus said catching my attention, "As much as I understand you wanting to see Wheeljack again. I cannot allow you to be here any longer as you may be in trouble and Ratchet is most likely worrying about you right now." I sigh and look at the ground, but then felt a tingling on my back and something there all of a sudden. I then looked up at Optimus.

"What if I wasn't completely defenseless?" I asked hopefully. Optimus looked at me, his brow raised slightly.

"Oh? and how pray tell are you now able to defend yourself against the decepticons?" I just smirked slightly and waved him down closer. He did so so that his faceplate was about six feet away from me.

"Are you going to tell us or not?" Bulkhead asked impatiently.

I full on grinned and pulled a katana off my back, out of its sheath, and held it out, the tip inches from the center of Optimus' face. He was cross-eyed trying to see the sword. It took a lot of self- control not to laugh. I spared a glance at both Bee and Bulkhead. Their optics where even wider than before even though I did not think that was possible. Bee buzzed slowly, shocked.

"Yes I believe we all want to know the answer to Bumblebee's question, where did you get that from? You did not possess it a few seconds ago." Optimus asked as he stood back up away from my sword. I twirled my sword before sheathing it on my back before replying.

"Honestly? I have no idea," I spun around and walked forward towards Wheeljack's ship, but then froze my back to the bots "And at the moment I don't care, because something is really wrong." All the bots freeze when I say this. 

"Lava," the caution in Optimus' voice obvious, "What makes you believe that?" I turned back took look up at him. All my humor gone.

"Well for one listen." Optimus and the others were silent as the did so. 

"I don't he-" I cut Optimus off.

"Exactly. If Wheeljack was here, or anywhere nearby for that matter he would have heard the fight, and rushed in to join. Tell me Optimus. Where is Wheeljack?" Optimus' optics widened suddenly realizing what I was getting at, but Bulkhead didn't somehow.