Chpt. 1 The Begining (edited)

Lava's pov.

I was running. I don't know how far I've run or how long I've been running. I almost forgot why I was running and I slowed down, but then I remembered what happened and sped up again. I'm glad that our backyard opens up into the desert. I can go running when ever I want. Finally I slowed down. My legs were getting tired. I look around and I saw that I was by one of those rock formation thingies. I haven't bothered to learn what they're called. I look around and saw the one that I liked to think of as mine although I don't actually own it. I jogged over to it with my remaining energy and climbed up. I enjoy climbing and being up high. I got to they top and flopped down. I was exhausted. I soon caught my breath and I stood up and walked over to a pile of rocks. I often came here and practice after HE hurts me.

I moved the rocks and uncovered a case. I opened the case and pulled out my twin katanas. They are my most prized possessions. I also brought out a training dummy from underneath another pile. I practiced for about an hour, taking all my pent up anger out on the dummy. Once I noticed the sun getting lower in the sky, I put my stuff away and started climbing down. I don't want to get stuck up there after dark. I wouldn't get down till morning.

I took my time getting home. I already knew that the door was going to be locked when I got there. He always locked it after I ran out. I soon got home and climbed up the tree next to my window and climbed into the house. I've gotten really good at sneaking in, but I did not expect after I got inside and shut my window to find HIM. After I shut the window I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. I froze and HE started speaking, "And what do you think you are doing running out so late at night?"

I slowly turned around. I looked at him and knew that he had been drinking again, but I was just about fed up with him. "I ran off to get my normal exercise. I do it every night so there is nothing wrong with doing it now" I told him trying not to yell. 

"You went to the police didn't you, you ungrateful brat?!" He shouted accusingly. "After all I've done for you, you dare go ask them for help?!" He continued "You are going to regret that decision very quickly!" He followed this up with a slap to the cheek. That made me furious.

"I did not go to the police! And how dare I ask for help?! I can go get help any time I want!" I scream back at him. This only earned he another slap to the other cheek.

"You are luck that I kept you off the streets after your mother died because of you!! I never even wanted a child! but your mother she kept insisting we should keep you! I knew we were making a mistake, and boy was I right!!" He continued beating me for some time. I didn't make a sound or flinch. I learned a while ago that, doing so would only encourage him. After about and hour of this he finally got tired and stopped. he turned to walk out of the door, but he still had one last thing to say. "Your mother is dead because of you. You are not my daughter nor will you ever be. Get out of my house. You have fifteen minutes. If you're not out by then," He paused and glared over his shoulder, "I will kill you."

With that he turned around and walked off I made my way over to my dresser and pulled out some of my clothes and set them on my bed. I then went over to my closet and grabbed my red, green, and white backpack. I put everything I might need and every thing I could fit in to the backpack and zipped it shut. Then I limped downstairs as fast as I could. I was hurting all over I'm surprised I could walk. I think he probably broke a rib or two because it really hurt to breathe along with spraining my knee and I knew already had multiple bruises, I'd only find more of those and I didn't even know what else. I had developed a very high pain tolerance over these last few years. I had become very good at not showing the pain

I quickly made my way out the door. The sun had already set, but there was still a little bit of light from it. Just enough for me to make it to one of those rock formations and hopeful find a cave. I'm glad I remembered a flash light, I will need that. Of course on top of everything else I have stupid school tomorrow.

School wasn't all that bad. I enjoyed learning it's just that I didn't have any friend I'd been here for..... Well... I'd lost track of how many years. But I'd never made friends because HE would have found out eventually, and then not only would I have gotten a real good beating, but my new friend would some how get hurt to. So I didn't make friends to protect people from HIM. Also because of that I actually have forgotten how to act towards people and make friends, but that's fine. I can make it just fine on my own.

Just as it was getting pitch black out I got to one of the formations, I should prolly learn if these have a name. Whatever. I walked around it on the ground hoping to find a cave down here, but I didn't. So I started climbing. I held the flashlight in my mouth so I could slightly see where to put my hands. Once I got to the top I was in a lot of pain. It took so much strength to not cry out, but I was exhausted. I knew that if I didn't fall asleep soon, I would not have enough energy to climb down to go to school tomorrow. I pulled a blanket out of my bag and using my backpack as a pillow I fell asleep on the ground.

AN: Hey everyone I've been working on this chapter for a while was up really late last night working on it I didn't want to leave the reader with just a character description. I will try to update soon, but no promises I've been wanting to do this story for a while and just now getting to it. School keeps me pretty busy.

Till All Are One
Wildfire