Chpt. 2 School (Edited)

AN: Lava's pov is most common so it is that unless I say otherwise. Now on with the story.

When I woke up everything hurt. I almost went back to sleep and skipped school, but I decided against it. Because if I did, the school would then call my dad and I would get in even more trouble because he would hunt me down for 'embarrassing' him. I then got up and realized that I would have to go to school, without a shower. That wouldn't be good, but there was nothing I could do about it. Thankfully I have very good deodorant and don't often have problems with body odor.

I got up and looked around. There was no one within sight so I quickly changed into some different clothes, and pulled my hair into a high messy ponytail with my baseball cap. I was thankful to I have my hat. It helps in hiding me and my messy hair. I then started climbing down slowly weary of my injuries. I pulled my watch out of my backpack and looked at the time it was 7:30 am. I had an hour before school started. I turned and started walking as quickly as I could to town. I did not need to be late today.

I arrived just as the the five minute bell was ringing. I got to math class just before the bell rang. It was Algebra 2. I was a junior. There were a few sophomores and seniors, but the class was mostly juniors. There was one kid though that I always wondered about, his name was Rafael. He was only 12 but some how he was taking high school classes. He looked like a smart kid. I never talked to him though. I never talked to any one. I was thinking about what I would do after school since I can't go home, when I realized the teacher Mrs. Jones was talking to me.

"Ms. Star you need to pay better attention in class, no wonder you are failing. Do I need to have the principal call your parents?"

I looked at her trying not to show how scared I was "N-no Mrs. Jones. I'm sorry I was thinking about the homework" I replied, trying to lie as smoothly as possible. 

Thankfully she bought my lie, and continued on with the lesson and that's pretty much how the rest of my day went.

~~~Time skip to after school brought to you by Peter Cullen and Frank Welker~~~

After school I walked out in front of the school and sat done by one of the few trees in this town. I miss trees. I would often go to Central Park and climb the trees there. I loved to sit up high above everyone else and watch.

I sat down and decided to read a book I checked out from the school library it was called "The Thief" by Megan Whalen Turner it was one of my favorites. (AN: This is a really book I do not own the rights to it. You should all read it.) I've read the whole series so many times. There are five books in the series, but the first one is my favorite.

It is about a boy named Gen, who is stuck in the Kings prison, he gloats that he can steal anything, but that only gets him stuck going on a long journey with the Kings adviser, which in their culture is called a magus, and his apprentices to steal something. they traveled across the two neighboring countries to get the item. It was a well written story. I was reading for quite some time. I soon realized that 1) I was over half way through the the book and 2) that it is was about six thirty.

My stomach growled as I stood up and I remembered that I had only eaten lunch that day. I was quite hungry. So I walked down to the only fast food place in this town call KO burgers. Or something like that I don't really know. When I got there I ordered a few fries. I didn't want to spend any where close to all my money it was all I had.

As I was finishing, I saw a kid from school riding off on his motorcycle. What was his name? I think it started with a j. Uhh Julian?  No. Um John? uhh Jason? No. Jack? Jack. Yeah that's it! Jack. Anyways Jack was riding off on his bike. I watched as he drove of. I wonder if he realizes how lucky he is to be able to own something like that and have a job to get his own money and be allowed such a responsibility? I don't know. That's not really my business.

I then threw away my trash, and started toward the formation that my katanas were on top of. I thought I might as well stay there so I would have a way to protect myself if anyone or anything found me.

Once I got there I started climbing. My ribs were still hurting. And my knee was very sore, but I made it to the top and sat down. I started thinking about what to do next. I mean, yeah, I have school and thankfully I am on the food program, or whatever its called, so I get free lunch, but that is only one meal.

I guess I could just eat alternate some how between breakfast and dinner and then I wouldn't starve. I probably would be hungry often, but that wouldn't be new. HE would starve me about once a week or so, when he was in a rage. I'll most likely just stay here and finish school and after school maybe I can get into the army or something.

I've always enjoyed fighting. Just never really had an opportunity to actually do it with something other than my one dummy.  But then I could get as far away from HIM as possible. That sounds like a good idea I just have to wait one and a half years. Yay! (note the sarcasm). I will survive though I don't know why, but I feel like I need to.

With that thought, I laid down to try and rest, but my thoughts kept me awake. Hopefully everything will get better eventually. I really don't want to live up here forever. I decided that I would just go with the flow and when I run out of money maybe I can get a job at that burger place or something.

After that I finally fell into a dreamless sleep.

AN: Hey readers I thought I would try to get another chapter up to get more people to read the story. Normally I will not be able to update so often. It also helps that I had a three day weekend this week. Thank you so much for reading my story. I'm surprised by how many people have already read it. I didn't think that many people would be interested. So please feel free to leave any comments, I would love feedback.

Till All Are One

Wildfire