Chpt. 17 O COME ON!!!

AN: Warning slight human cussing.

I woke up, I don't know how many hours later, to cold. I looked up and I was laying in a room on a berth. 'Was my talk with Do-Sire only a dream?' I carefully stand up and walk to the edge of the berth and looked down. It wasn't that far. I walk to the corner and swing my legs over the edge. I was just about to grab the leg of the Berth and try to slide down it like a firepole, but just as my legs touch the leg of the berth the door opened and I heard.

"Lava! what do you think you are doing!" The shouting scared the slag out of me. I let out a yelp as my fingers slipped and I started falling toward the ground. I heard a few rushed pedsteps then I landed on a metal servo instead of the concrete ground. I was frozen for a minute as I tried to register what just happened.

"Lava, what were you thinking?" I looked up to see an angry Doctor holding me. I hugged myself and looked at my feet.

"I wasn't. I'm sorry" I didn't dare look up to meet his optics. I didn't want to see the anger. Sire sighed.

"Lava, look at me." Sire ordered softly. I shook my head. "Lava. Look at me" He said more sternly, with a tone in his voice that I didn't dare disobey. I slowly looked up to meet his optics and was shocked to not see any anger in them, but another emotion that I am not as familiar with. His look was caring though not hard, but soft and kind.  "Lava I'm not mad at you. You just scared me when I came in to check on you and I see you dangling of of the berth."

"Wait how did I scare you? I'm the one who was startled into slipping and falling." I inquired looking up at him. 'Hmm inquired that is such a fun word inquired, inquire, inquiry.' I quickly shook my head to bring my mind back to the present. Doc sighed and looked down at me with now sad optics. 'Wow he is showing all sorts of emotions today!'

"I love you like a sire would his sparkling Lava. I would hate it if you got hurt, especially if it was because I scared you." I continued to look into his optics and could tell that he was telling the truth. I leaned over and hugged his thumb, which was next to me to steady myself if needed.

"Don't worry I'm not going anywhere yet, one and two I was startled not scared there is a big difference." I let go of his thumb and crossed my arm defiantely.

"Uh huh" He raised his optical ridge at me.

"Well there is" I insisted, "I wasn't expecting the door to open and somebot to come in yelling." I said now glaring up at him. He shook his head and chuckled lightly.

"What in the name of Cybertron am I going to do with you?" He asked I know it was a rhetorical question, but I couldn't help but answer.

"Well I guess you could always go and dump me back on my rock." I said with a slight cuckle looking down at my feet.

"Well I could, but I don't think either of us would be to happy about it." Sire said. "Now I am sure that you are starving since you haven't eaten that much since Wheeljack saved you, so why don't we go into town and get you some food healthier that stuff Miko is bringing you." He stood up and started toward the door of the room we were in.

"Alright, but..." I started, but rethought it and stopped.

"Yes?" Sire prompted me.

"I..." I stopped and sighed. " Thank You." He stopped walking and looked down at me.

"For what?" He asked.

"For not giving up on me and actually caring." I said looking up into his optics.

"Of course Lava, You are more than welcome." He said. He held me up to his chassis in an oversized hug, which I returned by spreading my arms along his chassis as far as they could reach. I thought for a moment about what I was dying to say. I decided why not. YOLO. Right?