Birthdays & Breakups

Everyone was back at school, and I was determined to make my life as normal as possible. I was back in my cheer uniform, though I knew this version of "myself" wasn't going to last much longer, for one, in just a few short months this uniform wouldn't even fit me. Not that I cared about the uniform all that much.

"Lucy!" Lana called as I made my way to my locker, "are you excited?"

I felt my stomach drop, I had no idea what she was talking about, and I just hoped no one had found out about my little situation.

When she noticed my confused expression, she explained, "for your birthday this weekend silly." She smiled.

How could I have forgotten about my own birthday. I guess with everything that had been going on in my life, turning 17 just didn't seem all that important.

"Oh.." I said, realising I hadn't responded yet, "Yeah, totally."

"It's going to be epic. Paige is planning this massive party for you at her house." She went on.

"You guys really don't have to throw me a party.. parties aren't really my thing.."

"Don't be silly," Lana continued, "Only the best for fellow cheerleaders."

"Actually, I had been meaning to talk to you about that--"

"Sorry hun, gotta go, love ya." She air kissed me, before trailing off after some of the other cheer squad members.

I placed my forehead against my closed locker, letting the cool metal soothe me.

"Indie?" I heard a voice which I immediately recognised as Emily's behind me, "are you okay?" She placed a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"I-- have no idea." I said truthfully.

"Have you spoken to Luke or Ashton yet?"

"No, definitely not. It's way too soon.. I don't even know for sure.." I babbled on.

"Indie--" She looked at me with concern.

"I just.. need to know, for sure first."

The weekend did little to my mind at ease, my period still hadn't come, and I had never even been even one day late before. Still, it was very, very early.. and there was still a chance.. a slight chance, this was all a big misunderstanding, that I would be able to look back on one day and laugh about it.

There was no way I was ready to tell Luke or Ashton about this until I knew, for sure.

-------------

Last lesson of the day, and I was somewhat happy to be in English.

"Hey," I said as I took my seat next to Ashton. His plastered hand resting on the desk.

"Hey buddy," he said as I took my seat beside him, "Have you spoken to Luke yet?"

"No." I said harshly, "Why would I?"

"Look, I know what he did was super immature, but he definitely feels bad about it, he even texted me to tell me he was sorry and that he was out of line.. give him a break."

"Are you serious?" I say glaring at him to see if he was joking, "he fractures your wrist, and you're telling me to 'give him a break'" I mock.

"Indie--" Ashton soothes, "it was an accident."

"Yeah, well there are far too many of those going around." I say opening up my book, trying to ignore him.

"What are you talking about?"