Hangovers & Hospitals

It was almost 2 by the time Ashton had gotten his X-Rays, confirming that his wrist was indeed fractured. He was placed into a private room under his fathers health insurance, though there was no sign of his Dad actually showing up.

I didn't want to leave Ashton alone, so I text my Mum saying I would be out until tomorrow. Even though my hangover was giving me so much grief, and every time I moved I felt like I was going to throw up.

Ashton had been given morphine to help with the pain, and had been rambling nonsense all night, telling me over and over he had a secret, but every time I asked what it was, he would press a finger to his mouth and go "shhhhh" before giggling. Giggling.

Unfortunately it wasn't enough to distract me from my horrible headache and nausea. I went into the bathroom, and emptied my stomachs content. A feeling of slight relief washed over me for a moment. But it didn't last long before the feeling returned.

I cupped my hand around the tap, and drank the water from it. I decided I needed Emily.

TO Emily: Hey Em, not sure if you heard what happened, but I'm at the hospital with Ashton, and I feel like crap. I know it's late.. or early, however you look at it, but can you come help me? X

Within seconds, Emily replied.

FROM Emily: I'll be right there x

---------

It didn't take long for Emily, and Calum to show up. But it was good. I could leave Calum with Ashton, while Emily tried to give me every known hangover cure. We went into the waiting room, where she started handing me pill after pill.

"Headache or nausea?" She asked, searching through her purse, which was doubling as a pharmacy at the moment.

"Mainly nausea," I replied, sipping from the water she gave me.

"Maybe you're not hungover, maybe you're just pregnant." She joked, laughing to herself.

"Oh my god."

"Calm down, I'm just joking" She laughed, until she looked up at me, and stopped, "Indie, are you okay? You look really pale.."

"No..." I said mainly to myself, "--I can't be.. I'm almost 17... no... oh my god." I rambled.

"Wait.. you don't actually think--"

"I'm pregnant." I said blankly. "Oh my god.. I am so stupid.."

"Indie, calm down.. are you sure?"

"I didn't even think.. we didn't use.. and then I was late.. but.. oh god." I buried my face in my hands. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening.

"Slow down.." Emily said, patting my back reassuringly, "Go back.. one thing at a time."

"I fucked up Em.. I really fucked up.." I took my face away from my hands.

"It's okay.. just tell me.."

"At Michael's cabin.. Luke and I.. and we didn't use protection.. but, there was someone else too." I hated this. I hated this feeling. I hated all these things going through my head. How could I have been so stupid, to not use protection, not only once.. but twice.

"Was it Ashton?" She asked in a way that wasn't judgemental, just concerned.

I could only bring myself to nod.

"Well," Emily began.. "We don't know anything for sure, so lets find out."

"It's like 3 in the morning.. I don't think any pharmacies will be open."