Fights & Fractures

I woke up next to Ashton the next morning, feeling content, though slightly guilty, since, once again I had cheated on Luke with Ashton.

I tried to get out of bed discreetly so I could get back into my clothes, but Ashton stirred beside me, and pulled me back to his side, holding me closely.

"Morning," He said in his deep morning voice, before kissing the top of my head.

"Morning," I replied, "I have to go though--"

"Nooo" Ashton whined, still not opening his eyes from sleep, "Just stay," He held me tighter.

I laughed, "I'd love to, but I really have to get home--"

He sighed heavily beside me, "Okay, you're right, but we should shower first.."

"Together?" I asked.

Ashton looked at me cheekily, before grabbing my hand, and pulling me into his bathroom.

---------------

By the time Ashton dropped me home, it was already noon. I was hoping my parents would've thought I had just stayed at Luke's place.

As I walked inside, I saw my mother vacuuming the hallway, when she noticed me she stopped.

"Morning Lucinda," She said to me, folding her arms across her chest like she always did when she was mad at me.

"Morning.." I say back.

"Where have you been? I called you several times, you were supposed to be with Luke." She says sternly.

"My phone was off, and who says I wasn't?" I say casually.

"Luke has called the house several times asking where you are. Start talking."

I didn't know how I was going to get out of this one, but I said the first thing that came into my mind, "I was with Emily--" I lied, "That's why my phone was off, we just stayed up talking all night, trying to reconnect.."

"Oh Indie." She says relieved, lowering her arms, "I wish you would've at least called... but it's nice to hear you and Em are trying to make things work.. I always liked her.. a lot more then those other two anyway.." She trailed off, getting back to her housework.

"You and me both," I said under my breath as I made my way up to my room.

TO Emily: Hey Em, I told Mum I was with you all night in case she tries calling or something, I hate to do this to you, but could you cover for me? X

From Emily: Sure :) What are friends for? Xx

TO Emily: You are literally a life saver. Let's hang out soon! X

From Emily: Anytime! Just let me know xx

My phone buzzed again, and I was expecting it to be from Emily.

FROM Luke: Hey, is it okay if I come over? I feel so bad about everything last night, and I think we need to talk.

I wasn't sure if I was really ready to see Luke, and I certainly wasn't sure this was the moment to end things, though I knew it had to happen..

TO Luke: Give me an hour x

--------------

I made sure I changed and cleaned myself up before Luke came over, trying to make myself look at least half presentable.

Mum let him straight up to my room when he got here, and he knocked on the door before letting himself in.

"Hey," He said awkwardly, standing in front of the now closed door.