flashback

I heard footsteps, and knew too well who is was. As much as I wanted to cry my eyes out, and tell her all my problems I couldn't. I couldn't let her see my like this, she would freak worse case I wouldn't be able to explain why I have been crying so much. I could say because of my phone and how hard I worked for it, which didn't last 6 month and its full cracked. i left it laying on the table and was certain she saw it.

 But that wouldn't explain this much crying, I had to hide from her for the next few days until I recover fully

 But that wouldn't explain this much crying, I had to hide from her for the next few days until I recover fully. As tired as I was, I didn't go to greet my step mum, I just went to bed trying to fall asleep. To my surprise she didn't ask me about my phone, she just walked past my room and called goodnight, clearing my voice i said it back.

The whole night I couldn't sleep, I just kept replaying the conversation Ricky had with his girlfriend, then replayed the scene and the familiar feel I had when I touched my aunt's blood. I got crept out by that thought, and decided to get out of bed to wash my hands again. I was disgusted by it worse case I felt dirty, and so unclean. Dragging my legs onto the bathroom and looked at myself into the mirror I realized how puffy and red my eyes were. Good thing step mum was too tired to ask, she's probably asleep by now

I haven't felt or looked this way since mum died I thought. After washing my hands and then somehow my face, I decided to sit down on the floor like a homeless person. I started to recall the memories of my mother and death.

It was a normal day, I was just starting year 7 I was 13 by then. After mum dropped me of school, I walked inside the school feeling extremely nervous. Sometimes I felt that my mother and father are not as loving as they used to be when I was 5. Sometimes I think that was the reason why my mother had cried, but she had always avoided talking about it. Until this day I was uncertain about what happened between them, and because of that I stopped believing in true love. My parent's love was so strong, I felt happy but that all changed. I have learnt that if your parent's love are not strong, you will not feel love as a normal child should feel. The first few weeks of year 7 I was alone, I avoided from becoming close with any of the students. Believe it or not I was pretty happy it meant less drama, since twelves had dramas a lot. All the dramas were useless things such as rumors. It's pathetic, and meaningless, you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Rumors are carried by the haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiot. In all cases almost everyone who was in my grade were considered idiots, they believe whatever they heard without a second thought.

Just like normal teenagers growing up I had crush, I was so shy into telling him anything. I got bullied for being anti-social and being different by my own crush. That was another reason I have grown up hating love. Even though at first my crush seem sweet and nice, later he showed his true colour. He was a rude,impolite, negative and judgmental guy who wore a mask of a sweet caring, light hearted guy.

I was glad to complete year 7 with no drama yet, although there were rumors about me that I couldn't control. i knew too well who carried the rumor, but what confused me was the people who accepted it.

For our Christmas break mum, dad and I went on a holiday to Hawaii. I loved the water and the air was so fresh, it felt relaxing. I didn't want to go back home, I wanted to stay like that to feel alive. The sun on me, the peaceful waves of the sea hitting the edge of the shore welcomed me, this was a good way to forget any trouble.

 The sun on me, the peaceful waves of the sea hitting the edge of the shore welcomed me, this was a good way to forget any trouble

The night before Christmas mum was going on about me getting a boyfriend. She was saying how popular she was with men at my age, I on the other hand didn't want anything to do with it. My mum was not just a mother to me she was also my best friend. I have told her about the rumors that was sent around about me and my crush Ryan, how he bullied me. I have told her my deepest darkest secrets, the one you can only tell a best friend and not your own mother. But like I said she was also my best friend, I have told her how school was every day and how I felt.

At times when she was busy she would always smile at me and take 5 minutes to listen to me. When she wasn't busy we talked for hours like best friends do, and we end up insulting each other with silly smiles on our faces. In public we were always mistaken as sisters, mainly because the way we act around each other. Mum never cared if she was old, me and her would act like normal twins who can't be separated.

Mum dragged me with her so she could find me a boyfriend. Which I tried to convince her so many times I'm not interested, she got upset and walked away. I felt bad that she has always been there and yet although she made me happy, I made her upset so to make her happy I agreed.

"Vicky come on we are running late how long will you take?" mum said already annoyed that I'm taking too long. It wasn't my fault I didn't want to go and she forced me even though I agreed.

"Wait mum!" I shouted "just 5 more minutes." I heard knocks the door I knew it was mum but what I didn't know was that he had a boy with her. He was around my age, standing beside my mum. Worse case my hair was so messy and my makeup was done incorrectly. What's worse than that was that boy was Ryan! Ryan was also shocked to see that i was his date, but broke the gaze and forced a smile. Did my mum know that was him, I've never shown her who he was. I was sure she had never seen him, on a picture or real life, mostly because I didn't want her to do something crazy to him.

I just stood there staring at my mother than at Ryan, each time only worrying about  how he will bully me even more at school by how I looked. Terror was in my eyes and my mum saw it.

"Excuse her, I'll need to fix her. We will catch up at the beach." My mother said with a perfect smile, while I was terrified.  Ryan nodded and without a single word walked away. As soon as she shut the door, and was sure he was gone I let out my anger that I have been holding for so long

"Mum what are you doing?" I asked almost shouting, I knew too well not to shout at her but she did a terrible thing. Out of every guy who she could've chose it had to be him.

"Is that how you say thank you for finding you a date? I bet you could've stayed in the toilet the whole time while every else had fun." She said confused by my reaction, as much as I hate to admit it, she was right. That was my sort of fun, but she knew me to well that I hated being alone.

"That doesn't give you permission to just get any guy for me, I'm capable of it myself." I said slightly annoyed, she apologized and smiled which made me smile. We hugged for around 2 minutes before tears rolled down her eyes.

nt(