Epilogue

Hey guys its been a while and I am really sorry! I am really sorry for how short this is too, but I hope you enjoy it! Please comment and vote!!!

-Tara

Magnus's POV

Alec was the love of my life and I would never leave him. He was the north star that guided me through the dark nights. He was the one I went to when I was having a hard time with life. He was always there for me, there to make me smile, and I was there for him. I was there to make him happy, and to make these few years we had together the best times of our lives.

After Alec and I got married, we spent the rest of our lives together. We did everything together, we went to restaurants together, fought demons together, and made love. But this did not last forever, as the years went by, I saw my Alec become older. His hair began to thin out and turn grey, and creases formed on his face. People looked at us in the streets. It must have been odd for them to see us holding hands as Alec looked like he could be my father.

Alec became dreadfully sick at the age of seventy, he had cancer and I used my magic to keep him alive for as long as possible, but the cancer beat him. He had put up a good fight, but now that he was gone, I could not bear it. My heart was broken into thousands of tiny pieces. I could not live without Alec. I simply could not. He was my everything and now he was no longer here. He was gone, but he couldn't be.

At the funeral, I didn't even cry. I did not cry because I did not believe that my Alexander was dead. He was just on a vacation or something. That is what I got myself to believe. He was on a very long vacation, without me, but every time I saw Jace or Isabelle, I could see Alec inside of them and I could no longer believe he was just on a vacation.

When the reality hit me, I cried myself to sleep every night, longing to feel Alec's body resting next to mine, but every time I reached out, all I could feel was the sheets next to me. I could not sleep without him by my side and when I did sleep I was only taken back to memories we had had together.  I had dreams of us and it made me happy until I awoke from them and realized he was gone, forever and that I would have to go on living without him for eternity.

Soon enough everyone who had known Alec was dead too. People came and went like dust in the wind. They spent so little time on this earth and it seemed that I had not had enough time with my Alec.

For years and years I grieved over him. I began spinning down into the dark chasm of depression. How could I live without his beautiful blue eyes? His smile? His laughter and personality? It seemed I could not go on, but then one day I realized that Alec was all around me. I could see him in the sun, in the stars and the moon. I could see him in the places we used to go as the memories flooded back into my mind and then I realized that death would not part us, that Alec was still by my side even though I could not see or touch him physically. And I could not wait to spend my second life with him, in another time.

In another time, would we meet again. In another time would we sleep side by side. In another time would I hear his voice and see his beautiful blue eyes. In another time.