Chapter 4

Alec's POV

The demon was the ugliest thing I had ever seen, although every demon was ugly. I had never actually met a goodlooking demon and didn't expect to either. It was quite large, about eight foot wide and five foot tall. It moved sluggishly and was't smart at all, but if you got too close to it there was a possibility you could die, so I stayed my distance. Jace, like always, was the one to show off and effortlessly start to tear the demon apart with his weapon while muttering rude things to it which made me laugh. Isabelle used her whip expertly on the demon and Clary helped somewhat too, but I didn't pay much attention to her.

The demon thrashed around in pain as we took it down. It seemed as if no one was getting hurt and luckily it was just one demon and not a group of them. This one would be taken down easily, seeing as it wasn't a greater demon.

"Alec!" My name was being called. By who? "Alec!" There it was again.

I pivoted around on my heels and saw Abbey. What was she doing here? "What are-"

"No what are you doing? You are murdering an innocent man!!"

"No, we kill demons. That is our job."

"Demons? That is a man!"

"The thing is glamoured, so you won't see its true form."

"What? Glamoured? Are you crazy?!" She began to rant on and on but I payed no attention once I saw him. Magnus. Right behind her holding a finger up to his mouth. His dark hair was spiked up the way it usually was and his clothes were of course designer and brand name. He was just as sexy as ever and just his presence made my heart pound and speed up. I seemed to forget the demon and everyone else in the room for the time being. For a moment it was just him and I. I don't know if he felt it as I did, but that didn't matter.

I took one step forward and then there was a small, controled explosion of blue sparks that came from his hand and Abbey fainted. She fell into my arms and I caught her, but Magnus headed towards the door to leave. I couldn't let him leave. I would let him know I was sorry and that I couldn't live without him. I dropped Abbey carefully on the ground and ran out the door to go look for Magnus. He was striding down the hallway towards the stairs, and just the sound of his footsteps made me feel relaxed. I ran after him and grabbed his shoulder. He turned and said "Alexander."

"Magnus." I said in return and suddenly I forgot what I was going to say.

"Alexander, do you need something?"

"No, it's...uh...I wanted to say..."

"I'm sorry but I must go, I have an apointment. You know how it is, being the High Warlock of Brooklyn."

"But-"

"Alexander." He kept walking. I followed.

"I'm sorry." I said to him.

"You have already told me." He sighed and said, "Alexander, we are not together anymore. Sometimes we must move on."